Saturday, December 22, 2007

So much to do and so little time...

As Christmas is approaching, I am so far behind schedule. I still have so much to do. In case you check my blog and you've been wondering what hole I've fallen into, it's the busy holiday season hole. It didn't help that I didn't start shopping until this week.


This is one of the projects that kept me so busy this week.


My youngest son's teacher is very sick with Hyperemesis (a severe form of morning sickness). Because I know what that's like I volunteered at the last minute to come up with a craft for the Christmas party and take that burden off her shoulders. My girls painted all of the wood cut outs and I hot glued wire to the backs before the party. The teacher emailed me the photos and this is what I came up with.

My sample and my son's project.




This little girl put too much glue on her first project so here she is with the original and her "do over"



Here is his teacher with her medicine pump. They didn't have this technology when I first suffered over 20 years ago. I had to be hospitalized to receive IV meds and then home to complete bed rest until the next wave hit me. She was in the hospital for a few days and now she gets her meds from this pump.


Here's my boy with his Santa hat. The college girls had lunch with their baby brother and helped with the party.



On Blogging this week:

Lately, when I end up getting some one's voice mail I have to leave a detailed message. If I don't, I sometimes forget what I wanted to tell them by the time they return my phone call. So on that note, here are some things I'll have for you in the week after Christmas and before New Years Day-ish and beyond.

*My review of Crafts and Things magazine. -- This is the magazine that absorbed the Rubber Stamper. I actually like it and I'll tell you why.

*My article/series of posts on moving your craft room. I didn't post it before because it was being considered for publication in the Rubber Stamper. The new magazine was also considering it, but I haven't heard back from them, I'm going to post it.

*My crafting related New Years Resolutions
* some beading ( my mom wants bracelets and necklaces for Christmas)
* Conversations ( an example of why educating this child can be hazardous to my health. lol)
*Hopefully many, many more cards with my new stamps.
* Projects with my new Christmas present which my husband tells me is a box of rocks. We;ll just have to see what I can make with those rocks...

Until then, have a blessed, joyful, and Savior-filled holiday week!

3 comments:

Adriann said...

I love your blog! You came up with a great craft for the children! I'm sure the children and especially the teacher appreciate your time. That was great of you.

Sorry I'm just now commenting. I visited before, but couldn't leave a comment because I was viewing at work. Anyway, cool blog and I will be adding you to my blogroll.

In the meantime, have a Blessed Christmas and a prosperous New Year!!!

BTW- I'm from Rootsscrapbooing

Anonymous said...

May your Christmas be blessed and peaceful and the new year healthy and happy.

Sharon in NE said...

That was a great craft you came up with for your son's class. You and your family are so wonderful to jump in there and help out. You have the biggest heart, Jacki.