Monday, June 23, 2008

Another entry for Paper Crafts...

...Gallery Idol contest. I planned this one in my head today as I was driving on I75 today. Hmmm, maybe I was wishing that I was on the beach instead of the highway. I'm off to bed, but I thought I would show you this card before heading up. To see all 4 cards I submitted, click here.

This particular card I'm showing today is actually one of the rejects for that contest. I created a bunch of friend cards and then only uploaded the best ones. I like this card, I just didn't think it was contest worthy. The one with the flower and the bear from the other day is also one of the rejects.

Stamps: Coffee and Friends saying and ladies drinking coffee ( Inkadinkado), Coffee to go cup
(Hambo Stamps), steam and solid coffee bean from a retired set (SU),
open coffee bean ( Hero Arts)
Other: Prismacolor pencils, Notched Corner Punch, fingernail ( I distressed the edges with it ;)

On a personal note:
Jillana and I will be thoroughly oriented at her new school tomorrow. If you've never been to a college orientation, they are extremely long, but helpful--- for the first child. After the first time, I find myself picking apart the few differences in the sessions (comparing and contrasting) based on the last orientation I've been to. Some schools do it better-- the best so far was Western Michigan's in my opinion. The others are all basically the same, maybe just not as efficient as Western's was. They seem to all mesh together in my mind. So it's comfortable shoes and a pocket full of patience for me in the morning. While I/we listen and learn about this new school, I'll be day-dreaming up my next creation. Actually, I think I might take some coloring. I concentrate better when I have something to do with my hands. If I don't color, I'll be doodling, so, I may as well be productive.

I'll upload the cards tomorrow night for GinaK's two sketch challenges. OOOH, remember that thank you for my sister for the purple purse?? I ordered GinaK's new set called Retro boutique. I came up with an idea for the card for my sister and when I saw this set I new it would be perfect for it. I cannot wait to get it all stamped out!

I hope you are reading this on Monday (my favorite day of the week) and not sitting up in the middle of the night Sunday night like me. Soooo, have a blessed and wonderful day this Monday while we are orientating. And now, I need to get some sleep! I'll be back tomorrow night. Choosing Joy! Jacki

2 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

This is a great card...love those stamps used and a nice soothing color palette!

Julie Koerber said...

Cute card! Is that you and me drinking coffee there!?!? :-)

I just read your daughter's post about orientation. Bummer! I hope she gets her things back. That stinks! I can't say I haven't ever done that before!!!