Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Cuttlebug Embossing Folder Storage

Finally done! I've had covering this box on my list of things to do for months -- at least. I decided to use my favorite paper so that I can always look at it. This is a repurposed recipe box that I've had since the very early days of marriage when I thought I might actually use recipes. If I remember correctly, the box was free but I had a subscription to get the recipe cards in the mail periodically. It didn't last long...
Anyway, this nice box was lonely and it ended up in The Card Castle.



I found the paper clips at Target in the Dollar Spot. Although I loved the design on them, it wouldn't help with my labeling and I didn't want to just put a label over the pretty print. I removed the domed stickers with the print and replaced it with the card stock indexes printed on the computer. I had some clear domed stickers in my stash so I used them on some of them.
I guess I need to make a few more labels because Provo Craft just released new folders that are dying to come and live in this box....

13 comments:

Adriann said...

Gorgeous!

Denise Bryant (imchatty) said...

What an awesome idea. Can't wait to organize my folder now. Thanks for the great organization tip.

Dot said...

Your box is beautiful! Recipes...what are those?! LOL!

Dot

Alhambra Club said...

This is great, I have mine stuffed in a box, love your storage solution so much better. Thanks for the inspiration.

Just Jo, Joe with no e said...

Jackie - This is fabulous! What a creative use of something that most of us would have pitched when we discovered that recipes involved work.

Jo Zemke

Julie Koerber said...

Too cool! Ok, now I have envy and we both know that's not good!!!! :-)

Michele Kovack said...

What an incredibly clever idea!

Anonymous said...

Oh wowzer!!! What a beautiful container you made and a great idea. Off to find one.

Anonymous said...

Awesome idea!! I really like the paperclips showing what folder it is. Thanks so much for sharing
Dee

Dawn Bibbs said...

I LOVE that paper! I even have it!!!

You do great work, lady!!

Su Davis said...

Jacki - so lovely and puts my shoe box to shame! Can't wait to see more great cuttlebug cards posted as no doubt you'll be making them more often with such great storage, along with those lovely clips that just cry out to be touched and admired!
Su

DiceGRRL said...

ooohhhhh! i am inspired! i have a similar box i think i can do a similar project with for the same purpose!

Right now all my cuttlebug folders n things are in a unorganized plastic drawer in an iris cart - blah!

away with the iris carts eventually! on to more beautiful organization.

joolz
studiojcards.blogspot.com

Penny Hanuszak said...

What a great idea. I love those domed paper clips. My EF are in a plastic tray from the dollar store but when I want the perfect one I have to search through the bunch to find. Must try your system.