Monday, February 25, 2008

Castle Bulletin Board


This is the whole board from the other side of the room with a white board in the center.
Edited to add: This is actually not on the board. It's the wall on either side of the actual white board. It's rather large and goes all the way up to the ceiling.

Here are close ups of each side.

I finished the castle bulletin board on Friday, but forgot my camera, so the teacher sent me these pictures this morning. It came out better than I pictured it in my mind. I just love it when that happens. I can't take a whole lot of credit for it. She purchased the stone paper and the cloud paper and sent me a sketch of a castle she liked.
And continuing with that same theme, this is the new addition to the bulletin board in the teacher's lounge.



I'm not even sure who made this image so if you recognize it, please let me know. I received this in a image swap, years ago. It was pretty dark and gloomy here when I took this picture on Friday morning.

I had my eyes examined today and I would benefit from bifocals. I'm not sure if I want to spend the cash for them right now but it would sure be more convenient that taking the readers on and off. And as always having my pupils dilated gives me a headache, so I'm going to sneak in a nap before the kids come home.

Have a blessed day.

3 comments:

Juanita B said...

Your work is amazing and so professional. I know you are a teacher...do you also have an art degree? This looks like an artist's story board for a stage or set...and you deserve an Oscar.

I left a comment on the teachers lounge and I must say "ditto" to the above. Did you make the fireplace also?

Writing letter holds so much weight for the recipient. It brings to light how true the statment "the pen is mightier than the sword" is. You are a blessing to many.

The flowers seem so peaceful and pretty, I'm curious to know if it's the gray day or if the colors are true; whichever, you did a great job. TFS.

Jacki Marie said...

Juanita,
Thanks for your compliments, and your questions, but no art degree here. I loved artsy things, but thought it impractical. I have a degree in Accounting and Finance. Looking back, it's kind of funny.

Yes, I did make the fireplace back in the fall with poster board and large sheets of art paper.

The flowers images were taken on a gray dark day with an incandescent light which makes the whole thing yellowy. But, what you are probably seeing is the shading I did. It looks strange because I shaded with Indigo Blue instead of a darker version of the local color.

Juanita B said...

Thank you for satisfing my very inquisitive mind, I appreciate your time.

I think PRACTICAL is...trying to fit a round peg into a square hole, LOL. My sister and I did the same thing, but we wound up in the medical field, Haha.