Thursday, November 15, 2007

Bulletin Board ...done!

Just a few pictures of the completed bulletin board.

First, the big picture.

Here's one of just my artwork. I thought teacher lounge... lounge, fireplace, get it??


I snapped this one in my room before going to the school.

More close ups...
I originally bought these light strings for my snowman ornaments.


This wreath, took me two hours to put together using one of Martha Stewart new Christmas punches and a glue pen. In case you don't already know, you can use Michaels' coupons on all Martha supplies now. I definitely did. The base for the wreath was made by cutting a circle frame (with the Coluzzle) from one sheet of green paper. I think this wreath is around 4 inches... maybe? I punched another full 12 x 12 sheet of same paper. I also used a few punches of a slightly lighter green hoping to create some variations. The red poinsettia is a glittery pick that I cut apart and and hot glued to the wreath. The center ornaments are Jolees from a Christmas sheet of presents or packages.. I ended up replacing the center with a Mary Engelbreit 3D sticker with an elf and the words Christmas Joy.


This second board only got coordinating computer generated signs.

On a personal note. I can't believe I ran out of laundry soap. I wash everyday! Anyway, I went to Walmart after putting this up at school, so I need to go and throw in a load. I've got a lot of cleaning and cooking to do before Thanksgiving. It's overwhelming actually. But, I'm excited about the holiday. I'm happy that my girls are coming home. Tomorrow I go to pick up the freshman and the older one comes home on Tuesday. Yippee!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ETA: In my spare time, I've been working on some Christmas images. Hopefully I'll be able to turn them into cards before long. I've decided to celebrate 200 posts and 2 years of blogging on Tuesday morning. Come back if you can for the celebration! I might even finish up one of my fall cards by then... I couldn't get any further behind... lol.

9 comments:

Velta said...

Jacki ~ This is too cute. What a Christmasy person you must be. Thanks for sharing...

Velta said...

I am talking about the fireplace...in case you thought I was talking about the bulletin board...lol

Alhambra Club said...

Fantastic, you put a lot of work and detail into your Christmas scene on the board, lovely. How great to have your girls home for Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

That wreath is amazing. I don't have the patience to do something like that. Thanks for sharing.

Deborah said...

Hi, Nice to meet you! I loved reading your blog and seeing your talent in action! Deb

Anonymous said...

That bulletin board looks soooo much better - great job! I love the fireplace and especially that wreath - wow!!

Sharon in NE said...

What a LOT of work that was, but what a difference it made to the room. The wreath is incredible and that fireplace!!!I just love it! You are SO creative.

Anonymous said...

I just saw your Christmas wreath using the M.S. punch and it is gorgeous! Wow! and what a patient woman you are, it looks like it was very tedious work.
I just found your blog and find your work very inspiring! yes, I live under a rock!
blessing on your day of giving Thanks!
Sonia
(scs-cjf&cjfsmommy)

Anonymous said...

I think we are reading each other's blogs at the same time! LOL This wreath is amazing. Wow, you are creative. And the card with the kinkade scrapbooking paper, stunning!!! Thanks for sharing your wonderful talent.