Thursday, August 26, 2010

New Day, New Attitude...


If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Maya Angelou. 
I'm changing my ATTITUDE! 


I woke up with a better attitude this morning. I just decided that I'm going to make the best of it.  I like plans, but plans change. I joked about being on plan K because this time the plans are constantly changing. 
At least we finally have a lease for the townhouse (as of this morning) so I can officially register the kids in school.  In case
you don't remember, it was a nightmare trying to register them when we first moved here three years ago. I'm still traumatized by it. It reduced me to tears in the closet... I posted that and some of my friends felt so sorry for me, which made me feel bad because this is my closet... 
This closet is actually a sanctuary for me and a good hiding place. Because you have to go through the bedroom and then the bathroom, I have three doors that can be closed and or locked between me and them.  Frankly, the kids usually give up before they make it all the way into the closet...  Oops, I just gave away my secret. :) 



Going back to this school district in MI is one bright spot on the horizon.  The Dad stopped by the school on one of his trips up there last month to get the paper work we'd have to fill out. They remembered our kids from before and are excited that we are coming back. I had the counselors number ready to call as soon as we had the lease signed, but before that happened....  she called me! Not only is my high schooler registered for his classes, he already has a schedule in hand for the whole year.  AND we did it all over the phone and with scans and emails. Sigh... I just love it when technology makes life easier, but you know it's the people who know how to use this technology that make life easier.  If this were going to be a "complaining and grumbling" post, I would tell you about how in another aspect of this move, technology and common sense were not working so closely together.  I won't mention that now.  :) 
One of my favorite Bible characters is Joseph from Genesis. Over and over again as he goes through prison and slavery and tough times, the Bible says God was WITH Him.  I definitely feel His presence as I go through my minor difficulties. 

We need to go back and get The Dad's car... you can read that story if you haven't already on today's post on The Card Castle. 

Have a blessed day... I plan to. Choosing JOY! Jacki.

No comments: