Monday, October 27, 2008

Thank You Tulips Flap Card

Happy Monday! I usually love Mondays because it's my day to recuperate. Weekends are always busy here so I normally reserve Monday for me. When they all go back to school and work-- I unashamedly do what I want/need to do. A lot of times I just rest and read or make cards, catch up on blogs, sometime I clean and do laundry and stuff like that too. I like to reflect on church the previous day, or the words of the music I heard. The point is I stay home and recover and reflect. I don't make appointments or leave the house if possible until it's time to pick up the kids from school. Today my Monday was hijacked with someone else's plans, so I got in a big nap this morning before it started. I guess I needed that, because I got up ready to conquer the world... even if the agenda for the day isn't mine. :)

Yesterday afternoon I made a couple of cards and then started my big card organizing project that I mentioned in yesterday's post. The project is going to take more time than I originally anticipated, but I found a few recent cards that hadn't been blogged about. This is one of them. The tutorial for this flap card is located here. Coffee Card Tutorial
The stamp is an old favorite SU. I think I purchased or earned this set at my very first Stampin Up party in 1999. I later sold the set because I was selling cards and at the time SU didn't allow you to use their images on cards that were for sale. When they changed the Angel policy, I bought this set again. So as you see, we have a long history and I still love it. I used Hero Arts cards and circle punches and my ever present color pencils.

Here is a shot of the card with the flap open.

Well, I need to be getting back to my projects. I hope your day is full of sweet blessings and reminders that you are truly loved. I'm reminding myself to choose joy as I go about doing non-Monday stuff on Monday.

P.S. My heart breaks and goes out to Jennifer Hudson and her family in the tragic deaths of family members.

2 comments:

Linda Crowder said...

87586 I don't have to worry about how to send a picture of your page to win the candy, but it is a wonderful package. I love that little Stampin' Up set and I owned it too before the robbery. Oh well, maybe I will find it again some day. Will you be kind enough to tell me it's name, as I have forgotten in all this time. But I remember the image! I love your card and that technique is now in my technique scrapbook. Now, it's really late (or early) and I need a nap too. Thanks for a great blog. Linda Crowder

Su Davis said...

I love both this card technique and the stamps/punches you've used - given me lots of ideas as I love to use the SU circle punches together. A really unusual folded card, which will be great to demo. Must get out my christmas stamps over the weekend as I can picture snowflakes in the circles and maybe the Season of Joy square stamp in the square flap.
Su