Friday, October 31, 2008

Congratulations Phillies!

2008 World Series Champions!!! The last time the Phillies won the world series I was 18 and a freshman in college 8 hours from home. I'm not much of a sports fan and technology being what they were in the good old days, I didn't even know they were in the World Series until my Resident Advisor told me they had won the next day. All I saw of the parade was a 10 second clip on the evening news. This time, I'm blessed to have a nephew who was able to be there and shared these terrific shots with me. Thanks Mike Ingram Jr!
It's almost like being there on Broad Street... except without the subway ride and the cold. Wait, I think I might miss that a little. Ok and now I'm thinking about a soft pretzel. Anybody see a vendor?




I'll post a card or two over the weekend if I'm not under the influence of too much Benedryl. I still don't know what I'm allergic to, but I know I was exposed to it today... Of course I was totally fine yesterday when I went to the Doctor. So I took pictures of my itchies and next time, I'm going to insist on getting tested to see what I need to avoid. This is crazy...
I'm updating the prayer list this weekend. Please send me your updates if you haven't already emailed me. Choosing joy, in spite of the itchies.... Jacki













































No comments: