Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Happy Birthday 'Boy'

This picture was taken 13 years ago today! Today my Boy is a teenager.

My girls are going to kill me when they see this picture online, because this particular shot was taken before their hair was done. This baby was born before dawn, and was my longest regular labor of just under 4 hours. --no meds just me and the doctor and a certified nurse midwife.... and Michael standing guard of course.



I made the "big sister day" shirts that they are wearing. We celebrated big sister day (and later big brother- big sister day) whenever we had a new baby. Each of the older kids received a gift. They looked forward to that...


That was then ....


5 days old


5 days old


From his scrapbook _ his family "tree" ( one of my favorite layouts)
6 weeks


from his 2 month pictures


And this is now...


Cathy made this cake for him over the weekend...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy birthday to MJ!!! What fun pictures and what a cake! Hope he had a great day. Love, Deb

Anonymous said...

Love the family photos. What treasures. Hope all goes well with your medicine.

Kimberly said...

I sure hope he had a great day (who wouldnt with that awsome cake!) your family pics are beautiful, I love how the girls have on the shirts. ( I think my dd would like a shirt with a little brown girl on it as she calls herself) Oh, and no drugs during labor-wow. Even though my last two came in with just 4 hours of labor I still had drugs, if I didnt those babies were not coming out! thank you for sharing some special family moments.
Blessings,

Sarosa said...

adorable pictures - including the hair, lol!

And that cake ... wow, that is absolutely amazing!!!!

Dot said...

I love the baby pictures! Too cute!!

Dot

Inkerbelle said...

Ya'll are such a gorgeous family and I love the shirts you made for your girls back then. Happy Birthday MJ!