Monday, September 8, 2008

Create Joy

Stamps: Single rose (Impression Obsession - Alesa Baker Designs), Create Joy from a set called From the Heart Greetings (Hero Arts), Background swirl, (Inkadinkado)
Card Stock: Real Red (SU)
Printed yellow paper (KMA)
Ink: Real Red (SU), Memories white dye



I don't mind sharing my weaknesses, because it always seems to help someone else. Thanks to all of you who left me comments about my last post. Feedback is always good. Positive feedback is even better!(smile)
This card was also made last week during my card making therapy session. I love this sentiment. Create Joy. Wanna get yourself out of a rut? You have to power to create some joy, right? I also love the saying 'Choose Joy'. I've been using it as my signature for 15 or so years, ever since I heard the song "I choose Joy" by Larnell Harris. My husband began singing it in church and recorded it a couple of years later.
I hit the jackpot today at Archivers !!! I've had my eye on this bag for at least a year and a half. It is the All My Memories Vituri Urban Shoulder Bag. (Black outside pink inside) I've seen it on sale, but with the shipping, it was still too much. Today, I found it in the clearance section, and I grabbed it and held on to it for dear life.
I drove all the way there to meet Dawn and use my 30% off coupon. She is a delightful person. It's not everyday you meet someone who is funny and nice and has my same taste in music. It was already going to be a great day, but finding the bag, was like putting a cherry on top of an already sweet trip. Happy Birthday to me (soon). I think Dawn might be tired of hearing that line today. (I had to justify the bag purchase.)

My trip to Archivers started off as sad reminder that I'm not going to be going to the ScrapFest they sponsor in the Mall of America. :( Some things came up with my friend. It's OK, because I'll spend the weekend celebrating birthdays here at home with my family. My friends and I will get together another time. So for any of you going this year, take notes( and pictures) and tell me all about it when you get back!
So create joy if you can, but choose joy always. Be blessed! Jacki.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's been a hectic few days here, too. Not much fun, but supportive folks around. I love this card, too. May that lovely bag always be filled with money to treat yourself to something and filled with joy. Guess I'd better go write in my very special journal. Your blog today helped me feel better. Thank you.

Kimberly said...

sure glad that you were able to get that beautiful bag, that should bring you lots of joy :)
I baked a cake today -I am trying to do a few things to keep me going you know. one day at a time..
Blessings,

Sarosa said...

Love the card, Jacki!

I'm a big fan of JOY stamps myself, so I definitely loved the text!

Inkerbelle said...

Another typical, gorgeous Jacki card! How do you do it?