Wednesday, April 18, 2007

More Buried Treasure

I am going to show you the cards I made from stuff found on my desk. I was reading Thinking Inking this morning and she talked about her messy desk yesterday. If my mess produced the quality of work she does...
I have three work surfaces in my office. One time, all three of my work surfaces were so messy that I had to get out a folding table to work on a project. I've been trying to clean off my desk for several weeks now, in anticipation of the house going on the market. We are officially on the market now and I'm getting there. Actually, I had it all cleaned of a couple weeks ago... I don't know what happened. Anyway, this morning I'm packing up the (blog candy) contest prizes so it has become a sorting station.

Cleaning my creative space takes so long because it's like finding buried treasure! I remember all the ideas I had for each thing I find. Of course then I can't just put it away, can I?? I'll be posting cards made as result of cleaning off my desk in the next few days...
This first card is made from elements left over from at least two different cardmaking sessions. The Bella is from It's all about the shoes. Remember my daughter commented that I couldn't use this image, because she would never buy red boots. I colored over the red with a burgundyish color pencil so now she is buying an Aubergine pair of boots. The brown layer is leftover from another Bella session.

Paper: Basic Grey Blush 6 x 6 pad (Brown) Pink (Unknown) White base is Bazzill Textured Cardstock.
Inks: Brilliance Graphite Black, SU (? pink)
Stamps: Emeldabella of the Stampingbellas, Oh Happy Day(Rubber Stampede)
Other tools and Supplies: Fiskars Border Punch, ticket corner punches, circle punches. Prismacolor pencils and blender pencil.


I had fun coloring this Biblical Impressions mailbox and thought I would make a card that maybe one of the kids can use for a friend's birthday.
Stamps: Mailbox with Balloons ( Biblical Impressions) Happy Birthday(Hero Arts)
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black. Bliss Blue ..I think (SU)
Paper: Petal and Paisley Desinger series paper from SU ( green stripe) This was left over from another Bella session Blue and Yellow Card Stock
Other: Prismacolor pencils and blender pencil, ticket corner punch.

1 comment:

Allison Rankin said...

Love the bella! Your coloring is so well done on these two!