Saturday, March 17, 2007

We're all in this together!



I decided to go ahead and post this tonight since I'm still sitting here. Maybe I'll stay away from the computer on Sunday. Ha Ha! We'll see!

As promised, I'm still stamping Stampingbellas and playing with the new SU designer series paper, Petals and Paisley. I got this month's special, bundle, or whatever they are calling it. You buy the Polka Dots and Paisley stamp set, the Petals jumbo wheel, and the Petals and Paisley paper for a special price and you get to choose something else from the mini catalog for 1/2 price. I now have my first big wheel( but I didn't get a jumbo ink cartridge) . I have resisted purchasing the big or jumbo wheels 'cause I rarely dig out the regular size wheels. Every once in a while, I do try to be practical. I'll have to challenge myself to play with the wheels more often ( and soon-- before the ink cartridges dry up!) I couldn't decide on a color ink cartridge so I am going to try to make it work with my ink pads. I'm sure I'll be calling Staci to put in an order soon...

But all that really has nothing to do with this card!!! For the background, I used a sheet of paper from that pack I mentioned before. One side looks like several patterns pieced together and the flip side is pastel pink and polka dots. I cut out the section so that I could utilize the word togehter, but I didn't like the olive print too much with the way I colored the image. So I trimmed that part off, flipped it over and pieced it back together. I also added the striped strip between them cut from the same sheet. Here are pictures of both sides so hopefully all that makes sense.


To mat the image, I used a aqua cardstock from my collection. I have no idea of it's origin. I also used hot pink brads, ribbon and the tag punch. Once again I colored the image with Prismacolor pencils and a colorless blender pencil.

After looking at that box of older cards I am reminded that I used to color with markers quite frequently. I'll have to challenge myself to reach for those this week too. I have a whole lot of things to remember to use.

2 comments:

Denise Bryant (imchatty) said...

i LOVE LOVE LOVE all your Bella cards. I do not have any bells yet....but they are on the way. My wonderful best friend bought me some for my birthday...but the surprise is I have no idea which ones she picked out for me. Can't wait to be a Bella girl!

Trish D said...

Very cute card! I think you'll really like the jumbo wheel - I personally prefer them over the standard size, as I think they're easier to use and the larger scale patterns just look nicer. Oh, and you can get by by using a pad and just inking it up like a brayer - I have very few cartridges so I use that approach quite often.