Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Thirty Days of Thankfulness: Day 9 ~ Heritage and Hope!

I mentioned that my brain likes to alphabetize and organize things. This is why I had this crazy notion to alphabetize my thankfulness statements. Because there are more days in November than there are letters in the alphabet, some of the letters will be used twice. I thought H was one of those letters. This morning I couldn't decide which to do first.... hope or heritage. I had a strong sense of urgency about both. I think it's because of my heritage -- my earthly heritage AND my godly heritage that I have HOPE.  The gave me a great loving and Christian foundation.  Parents remember... your kids will learn from you or learn because of you.


Although none of them were/are perfect, they taught me and nurtured me and helped me to become who I am. I was fortunate enough to have a relationship with both my grandmothers growing up. One grandmother lived til 96 and the other is currently 99. We are planning a big "to do" for her 100th next year! My mom's dad was a part of my life until I was in my late 20s I still miss him, but will never forget all that he taught me. My dad's dad passed away before my first birthday, but a lot of him lived on in my dad and my dad was a big influence on my life. My mom was and is still a big influence on my life. She went back to college when I was in HS.  I'm a little older than she was when she went back, but her example is a big part of why I'm in college now.  I don't have very many pictures on my computer apparently and not a lot of time to dig them up, but you get the idea. I love these people... I'm so thankful!!!

My Godmother

granddad

Grandma about 10 years ago

Grandma getting clean bill of health last spring

mom and stepfather

Granddad and sister  probably 70s

Dad in the 80's

No comments: