Saturday, July 24, 2010

House Hunting (part one)


I put my Castle purging on hold for a few days in order to travel to MI and look for a new house. I wish I could report to you that we found the perfect house in two hours like we did on our move to Warner Robins a few years ago, but with a deep sigh I'll tell you, we are still looking. After three days of physically going to houses and then back to some of the same houses again, I felt like Goldilocks before she found the perfect one. But that story gives me hope; it will come with a little more perseverance. It just hasn't happened yet. But I thought I would show you some of the pictures I took along the way. 


You would expect something special behind a door like this, right? 
All the purple flowers should have been a clue... 

Sports Bar in the basement? 
Seven stools - proof that the Seven Dwarfs lived there, or perfect for the Jones7?
Lots of nice houses, and interesting houses, but noting perfect for us just yet. I'll be back up there again, soon to do it all again.  Two benefits to going back are my favorite restaurant and my daughter, but not necessarily in that order. LOL! Food Dance Cafe in Kalamazoo. They boast authentic eclectic new American Cuisine. They serve very tasty organic foods. I'm not a meat eater, but not totally a vegetarian, and they have plenty of vegetarian choices for me.  
My oldest baby...  :)
My new favorite pizza-- 
 It's been far too long since I've colored or finished a card. So that is on my agenda for today, at some point. I actually made this trip without my colored pencils... what was I thinking? 
God already knows the next house I'm supposed to live in. Knowing that takes away the anxiety for me. I hope your day is blessed.  Until next time... Choosing Joy! Jacki

4 comments:

~Kendyl said...

Next time you head up to Michigan, you should stop by my dad's restaurant! It has moved since you guys left- it is now downtown on the mall next to Gazelle Sports. I know he'd enjoy seeing you again :) Good luck with the search!!
~Kendyl

Dot said...

You'll find just the right house. It's just in God's time.

Trish D said...

You haven't heard from me lately, but just wanted to drop you a note and say that you've been on my mind a lot the past few weeks, and I've been praying for you and your family... I know that God will provide exactly what you need!

Jayne S. said...

You should come and look at houses in my neighborhood! It would be a little longer drive for your hubby, but it would be REALLY convenient for us to get together and stamp!!! :D