Friday, April 2, 2010

Love Always



Just sharing a simple card today, but I have nothing to say.  I know you don't believe that do you?  Let me rephrase that.  I have nothing to say that is ready for public consumption. Is that better? :) It's been the longest week of my life, I think. I'm pondering a few things... You'll know when I'm ready. : ) 


Stamps: DesignBlock Wavy Leaf Pattern and message (Hero Arts), Potted Violets (Darcie's)




***********************
It's Friday, but Sunday's coming! I'm thankful to you Lord for being my Savior-- especially when I know I don't deserve it. 
I've been in a study about the heart and the things that lurk there called, "It came from Within" by Andy Stanley.  (There's a book and messages you can listen to.) The premise is that everything we do comes from our heart. Not the physical heart, but that part of you that is your very essence. I love this review from Publishers Weekly so instead of trying to rephrase it, I'll past theirs... 




Publishers Weekly

I can't believe I said that!" These words formed the catalyst for Stanley's new book about the hurtful emotions that can reside in the Christian heart. As pastor of a large Atlanta-area congregation, Stanley has had many opportunities to see the results of what he calls "spiritual heart disease." He identifies four "life-blocking agents" that can damage our hearts permanently: guilt, anger, greed and jealousy. Stanley reviews each one, then offers a more detailed diagnosis using the Bible and his life experiences. The bottom line, he says, is "a debt-to-debtor dynamic that always causes an imbalance." Anger says, "You owe me"; greed says, "I owe me"; guilt says, "I owe you"; and jealousy says, "God owes me." Especially useful are Stanley's antidotes to these heart problems, transcending mere platitudes to hands-on, life-changing actions. Feel guilty? Confess. Angry? Forgive. Greedy? Give generously. Jealous? Celebrate others' success. Stanley's breezy, conversational tone is both humorous and pointed, and his knowledge of old horror movies (referenced in the title and the book's content) adds a unique touch. Additional chapters on how to teach these heart-healthy principles to children and a discussion of lust round out this hard-hitting, fun-loving book. (Feb.) Copyright 2005 Reed Business Information.


This is the scripture that came to mind today... 



Psalm 51: 10 - 12
Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.


I hope your weekend is blessed and you are refreshed by the end of it. 


Choosing Joy, Jacki


P.S.  I guess I did have a little something to say after all. :)

No comments: