Thursday, April 22, 2010

Iris Mother's Day Card

 I was so fortunate to attend a Copics Certification class in Florida a few days ago.  First of all, if you live in the south east, and you have a chance to attend  any class in person taught by Colleen Schaan, jump at the chance. I'm not kidding! She is the Regional Certification Instructor for Copic.  She's very knowledgeable and she is an excellent teacher! She also teacher on/at My Creative Classroom.  


This image is one that I colored as I was practicing in class.  I'm not really sure who made this one. I wish I could tell those of you who care which colors these are, but I didn't write them down(sorry).  What I can tell you is that the technique I used requires 3 shades of the same color family and is called On Paper blending. ;). The background stamp and the message is from Hero Arts.

2 comments:

seamom said...

WOW! I have always admired your coloring, but this is a BIG step above! I have recently bought so me Copics markers. Not to practice and learn to color like you did!
Did you like the state you traveled to for the 1st time? Just wondering.....

Jacki Marie said...

I really need an invitation to come back and get a real feel for Florida. I arrived to a bad rain storm and spent most of the rest of my time there in the hotel or the stamp store. But, I ate lunch at a restaurant on the beach. That was pretty cool.

The coloring technique is basically the same as what I've been doing for years with the colored pencils... just a new medium. Now all I need $1500 so that I can buy all the colors I don't have. Seriously, here's where I have to really get creative and try to just get a few more colors to satisfy me without having to sell one of my kids.