Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I'm not dead...

Funny story...

My girls used to stick close to home. When my fourth child and first son, "The Boy" was old enough to ride his bike thru the neighborhood he'd disappear for what seemed like hours. I remember one day walking around to "the cul de sac" where I found his bike parked near the curb and him happily playing basketball. Happy to see that he was alright, I called him over and suggested that he stop by the house every once in a while, or call from the friends house to let me know he's "not dead or something". Since then, and now that he has a cell phone, he does call periodically to check in. In his usual "straight to the point" style, he'll call and say something like, "Mom, I'm not dead."

I'm just checking in to let you know that I'm not dead. : ) My blogging hasn't quite resumed like I'd hoped it would. I'm really dealing with some physical issues mostly as a result of Menopause. Creatively, it's been slow going. I'm keeping up with assignments and working still, and dealing with personal house and family stuff. One of these days I'm going to write a book about it. : ) I did manage to film a short coloring video when I was at the beach, but I haven't edited it yet. I have been coloring some new stamps, and if I can stay home long enough, I'll get some cards made. I'm hoping to have a stamping road trip in the next couple of weeks-- hopefully that will produce a few cards. : )
So hang in there with me, pray for me and I'll be back soon.

In the meantime, I'm still Choosing JOY, although some days, it's moment by moment. Be blessed. Jacki!!

6 comments:

Staci said...

I'm glad you're not dead! Hope you don't wish you were - with the big M causing issues! So, what kinds of stuff? I think I'm headed on that path. Having some changes w/the old cycle and night sweats. Fun stuff! Hope you get a creative journey in - you meant you were coming to WI to stamp with me, didn't you????

Jacki Marie said...

This book helps it to all make sense. Postcards from Menopause: Wishing I weren't here. Lois Rabey

http://www.amazon.com/Postcards-Menopause-Wishing-Werent-Here/dp/1572295015/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1255492604&sr=1-4

I would love to drive to WI, unfortunately I don't drive up north after snow season starts... :) see you in May or June. You could always come down here when it gets cold up there.

nise said...

Take care of yourself. And, yeah, you don't wanna be up here. It's been about 15 degrees below average every day this month ~ ugh!
Haven't seen any flakes yet, but heard they're closing in on me ~ double ugh! Oh and tell The Boy that you will always expect those "not dead" calls. I am just a bit younger than you and I still have to call my Mom and tell her I got home ok after I visit her!

seamom said...

I am soooooo GLAD! You're on my prayer list.

Take care and STAY POSITIVE! Trena said...

Hey Sister,
Glad to know you are ok. I miss your new work. You focus on your needs and work what you have to! God will see you through!!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Brown English Muffin said...

Glad to know you're ok...where would I get my card inspiration from if you disappeared!!! LOL