Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Another Christmas Tree

It is still Web Artist Blog Week on the Hero Club Blog. Today's post features embossing and there is a video. One of the cards was made by me...
Laura did a fantastic job on this week's video showing her embossed card.




When given an assignment, creating actual cards is a part of my design process. I think while I'm making. I actually completed a couple of cards before realizing that I'd used a retired message. Then I duplicated the easiest one with a current message. This was the first reject. I used all the same size metallic embellishments. The package contains two different sizes. On the one I submitted, I used both sizes, which given a choice, I like that one better.


I also tried one with gemstones ( Citron and Lavender) instead of Metallic Decor. I like this look, but it probably wouldn't be the one I'd duplicate over and over. Placing the gemstones took a little more time since I used more of them than I'd used of the metallic embellishments.



That's all for today. I hope you've caught the tips and tricks for creating quick holiday cards on the Hero Club Blog this week.

Be blessed! Choosing Joy!! Jacki

2 comments:

Staci said...

Oh, MY! The gemstone one is drop-dead gorgeous, however!!! :)

Take care and STAY POSITIVE! Trena said...

very pretty Jacki!!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!