Saturday, May 16, 2009

Thank You Karen!

The other day the UPS man rang my doorbell and left this box.
My friend Karen has decided to give up stamping, (I'll pause while you process that horror)....

It was her idea to send me her stamping supplies hoping to bring a smile to my face. And that is exactly what it did.

You see, it was Karen who got me hooked on stamping. A few months, before I had purchased several large solid stamps and the wrong type of ink and it equaled a disastrous project. I put the stamps away and refused to look at stamps for months. Even though, I'd been admiring Carol Duval ( with Dee Grunig, and Mary Oneal among others) on her show daily making the pretty stuff with rubber stamps, I still resisted. I was strong (wink). Seriously, I resisted because I knew that I would never be satisfied with one or two stamps. I figured I would have to have at least 30 or 40. (smile) I'm not going to say anymore about that at the risk of self incrimination. A picture is worth a couple thousand words. But, at least we now know who to blame.

Looking through her stamps brought back many memories, because we frequently shopped together. The stamp that she used to demonstrate the magic of embossing was in the box. (sniff sniff) She also has several Classic Pooh stamps that I didn't have. I know we used to share a lot of things which explains why we had different ones. There are also a lot of things in the box that are duplicates of some that I already have. So Karen if you are reading this, you can stop now. I love you and thanks again. You will get a note in the mail from me this week. :)

Is she gone? OK. When she first told me what she was doing, I suggested that she sell the stamps on Ebay and she responded that she doesn't have time for that. So with the duplicates and others that I know I will never use, I'm going to sell or give away. I'll be sharing my blessings, how does that sound. The proceeds from ones that I sell will go back to Karen. Even if I only make enough for reimburse her shipping to me, I'll make sure she has enough to take herself and her kids out to lunch somewhere. If you know someone who'd be interested in snowmen or Mary Englebreit have them contact me directly. I need to get everything photographed so it'll be at least next week before I'm ready to list them for sale.
You'll see the ones that I'm going to keep over the next few weeks. I'll be making cards with in them. Who knows, I may even get them in the mail making a point to bless those who are directly affected by this economy. It's getting personal now...

OK, my blogging time is up for the day. I got to get ready to see/hear Julie sing tonight. Her friend's uncle owns a restaurant and tonight is the second anniversary celebration. I'll bring the video camera. :)
More cards and a product review (that I'm very excited about) to come in the next few days...

4 comments:

purplestamper316 said...

I loooooveeee snowmen :)

Anonymous said...

oh oh, julie's got a gig. :)

Dawn Bibbs said...

Oh my goodness, I'm SO glad your friend, Karen, decided to send those stamps to YOU, Jacki! I mean, you poor, deprived crafter, you...we don't want your other (thousands) of stamps to be lonely! LOL

You deserve it though...cuz you're a sweetie pie. Even though you don't wanna hang out with me anymore, ;-D.

Love ya!

Monica-FC said...

what a groovy friend you have. she has blessed you more with friendship more and gave from her heart. that was so sweet of her.