Sunday, May 10, 2009

Anybody Wanna Pray with Me ( Mother's Day Edition)

First of all, Happy Mother's day to all the mommies. I hope your family makes you feel special today. God blessed me with five healthy children, two of which are now officially adults. I'm thankful for them today and for their dad who's always tried to make Mother's Day special for me. I'm missing my oldest baby because she's away at summer session and that makes me a little sad. Yet, it reminds me to pray for those moms who will miss their babies today who will not be coming back home. I'm praying for those moms who will spend their first Mother's day missing that child. Today has to be especially difficult.

One of those such moms lost her precious little boy just last night. Remember the little boy, Christopher, who had brain cancer? You can read back through these prayer posts if you want to familiarize yourself with his story and how we became acquainted with him. His mom is waking up today of all days for the first time knowing she won't see her child here on this earth again. He took his last breath last night around 7 pm. The good news is we know he is running around and playing with the angels. So today, if you are reading this, I want to ask you to say a special prayer for Christopher's mom.

My prayer today is that we remember:

15 The eyes of the LORD are on the righteous
and his ears are attentive to their cry;

17 The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them;
he delivers them from all their troubles.

18 The LORD is close to the brokenhearted
and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

from Psalm 34

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Jacki Jones very much! Happy mother's day to my second mommy!

Becky said...

I am with you in prayer, I have 6 of my sons who wait for me on the other side plus one grand child.

Staci said...

Praying for Christopher and his family very much.

Praying that you have a wonderful Mother's Day, Jacki! You deserve it!!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE! Trena said...

Jacki, I will continue to pray for Christopher's mom and the others mothers, like Becky and more...

God Bless you for always thinking of others.

Peace and Love to you my Sister!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!