Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Sweet Peas Birthday

So here is the card I promised the other day.

This is the stamp set I purchased from Flourishes. The background is done with a Stampin Up set and I used the Prismacolor pencils to color it.


I finally got the programs and jewelry in the mail... yesterday. I'm pretty proud of the finished product and I can't wait to show you a picture on Saturday. I think I'm going to go ahead and do the blog post and then schedule it for sometime Saturday. I'm not really sure if anyone effected will be reading my blog in the next couple of days, but I'm going to be cautious all the same. I don't want to ruin the surprise:)

OK on to New Business... I'm on Hobby Lobby's schedule. My name is spelled wrong and my email address as contact information is incorrect, but it's me!
I'm planning to do two classes a month for now. Each class will be offered at least 4 times. I'm going to work with the same format I used at Michaels.
Class Number One: The card making class will be the called Cheaper by the Dozen. This time, they place no restrictions on what I use. It's been my experience that the students in the class prefer that they can easily purchase the items I use in the class. I will be very careful to respect what they sell and try to use most of the supplies based on what they have in stock. The one good thing about HL is that their stamps change out frequently. At Michaels until very recently, I could still buy the very first stamp I purchased at Michaels 10 years ago.
Anyway, back to the class description...

Everything will be supplied to make 12 cards-- 4 of 3 different designs. They'll spend two hours working on the cards and learning new skills for the bargain price of $20. Each month we'll learn a new technique or use a new tool. They take home 12 completed cards that they can use to send a note of thanks or birthday greetings or whatever. (Most of the designs will have the option to use one of several different messages)
I'll post my samples when I get it figured out. The only thing I know right now is that I'll be doing demos for May.

Class Number Two will be the Stamping in Color class (I just went back to my original class name)
The first class is an intro class where they'll learn basic colored pencil techniques and a little bit about color theory. Based on demand, I'll do 3-4 classes over the course of maybe 2 months before we move on to another coloring medium. Some others that I'm interested in are water color pencils and crayons, paints, and chalks. One of these days, I may even do Copics after lots of practice and a certification class.:)

Well, that's all for today! I'm headed to relax and color and probably go to bed for early. I have another Dr.'s appointment in the morning and then I can concentrate on getting packed for my trip to Philadelphia (for the wedding) .. alone. Yes, I said ALONE! NO husband and NO kids. I love them all but sometimes it's nice to get away all by myself.

Be blessed! I'm going to get some rest. I hope you are well!

6 comments:

Becky said...

This is just beautiful, love your coloring and that ribbon is an elegant touch to this.

marciad said...

Lovely card. Best of luck at HL. Wish your classes were here in VA. Have fun at the wedding.

Dawn Bibbs said...

Well aren't you just something? Or should I say, "someone"? LOL

The card is beautiful...as usual. Your classes at HL sound fun. I may have to come check you out one day.

Take care and STAY POSITIVE! Trena said...

Jacki!
How exciting - both, the completing and the teaching!! Congratulations you busy woman, you. Lovely card too!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Greeting Card Printing said...

The card looks really lovely and elegant. The pink ribbon adds a more personal and special touch to the whole thing. Great work, congratulations and good luck with the classes :)

Julie Koerber said...

This is just gorgeous Jacki!!! As you can see - I haven't made it over to your place recently and can't believe I missed all the goodies!!! I could have spent all day here!