Monday, March 23, 2009

Weekend Pictures ( Twilight DVD and Hobby Lobby)

This is like part two to the previous post. For some reason it wouldn't let me upload pictures this afternoon, so here they are.

We went to Borders first because they were having a Twilight DVD release party.


Borders has a calm orderly line @ 11: 45 and games before that. The cost of the DVD was 5 dollars more there so we went to Wal-mart to actually purchase it. I was curious to see what was going on there. Wal-mart's atmosphere was in sharp contrast to the orderly lines at Borders.

When we arrived at Walmart and there was a long line of frantic looking people. We chatted with some of their friends for a bit near the front of the line at first. Just as we arrived at the back of the line, the guy came out with the whole display on a dolly thing. They saw him coming so before he could get to his designated spot, they stampeded and screamed ( it's only a DVD people!) and grabbed and then ran and to get in line at the cash registers. -- would you believe they only had 2 cashiers open at first? Still, we made it out of the store by 12:18. The girls had fun.

Wal-mart even made a cake for the Twilight Fans.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I was so excited to see Hobby Lobby open on Saturday that I just had to go in and check things out while Jillana waited in the car.



This is the fabric that literally screamed my name. In answer to your question Mary, I think I'm going to make curtains for the French doors in the Card Castle.

5 comments:

seamom said...

Pretty fabric. Thank you!
...and she sews, too..... Such a multi-talented lady!

Anonymous said...

What gorgeous Jacki fabric!! Take a picture and share when the curtains are done please. Looks like you're having some fun, I gave you a laugh and you found part of the lost. Hopefully the repairs will go smoothly and so will the rest of your week.

Joyce across the Pond said...

Absolutely gorgeous fabric....so like the Anna Griffin tulip stamp...buy it all...bet it's a darn site cheaper than over here. Thanks for the photos...wish I was there!
Joyce

Take care and STAY POSITIVE! Trena said...

Jacki,
Looks like you all had a busy day. :o) I understand your excitement around Hobby Lobby. I have a Michael's, JoAnn and Hobby Lobby all less than 10 minutes from my house. I'm set. And of course there's brown clothed person (sometimes it's a woman) that comes to my door.

You're right that fabric is you!! I hope you'll share the finished project with us!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Laurie in MN said...

Looks like you had a fun time with the girls.
The fabric looks like cloussan(?). Anyway, it is lovely. Have fun sewing.
I would have gotten lost for hours in Hobby Lobby. Wish we had one near the Twin Cities.