The Bed and Breakfast is officially closed for a little while. We've been privileged to share our home with dear family and friends over the last couple of weeks, but today is Pajama Day! I'll be in my room doing something I haven't done in at least a week... making a card! I called all the kids down to the kitchen where I made all my declarations for the day.
- I will not be Judge Judy today. If you feel the urge to argue, don't. Separate yourselves.
- Eat whatever you want and leave no evidence. Hazel won't be coming to clean up after you today.
- Don't bother me. I'm busy doing nothing.
I've been thinking about what I want to work on this year so I took a look at last years goals. I don't think I totally accomplished ANYTHING!... well maybe one. I crafted with the kids more( number 5 on the list) I'm not going to come up with new goals because I still have lots of work to do on the old ones. I'm not going to get discouraged. It took God 40 years to get Moses where he wanted him. Clearly I had more than a years worth of work on that list. Even with the improvements I made, I think I'm going to have more clearly defined and or specific small tasks that will get me going in the direction of those goals I set last year-- and I'm going to post these goals in appropriate places to remind me...
Here were my goals from last year. with comments from today
- Stamp more and computer less. As much as I love to make cards, I blog, blog surf, and talk about stamping online more than I stamp. I'm going to try to change that. I'm working on discipline and time management in every aspect of my life. I find that this is a constant struggle for me, and every year at New Years I have a new resolve. Although I did make improvements last year, I'm working on a plan for this. Since I'll have a new computer to set up in a couple of weeks and I'm now doing part time work on the computer I can't just say computer less. I need to be more efficient.
- Downsize supplies to a workable and manageable amount. I am going to make tough decisions and really clear out my room of all the stuff I probably won't ever use. I have been slowly working on three boxes of things I'm planning to gift to others. I AM going to fill those boxes and send them in January! I did mail the boxes and managed to clean out my room several times and I've decided that this is a work in progress.
- Send Family Birthday cards on time: I know this is going to need more than a resolve. I need a plan. If you are one of those super organized people who actually sends birthday cards so that they are received on or before the day, please, give me a clue.I made cards, but I'm still waiting to implement the perfect plan to help me with this.
- Start selling my cards again: But, first I have to organize them... Still unaccomplished but a priority.
- Spend more time crafting with my kids: All my kids are artistic in a way,bit two of them like to draw and paper craft like I do. They really enjoyed making cards on World Card Making Day and they made these for us for Christmas. Our first planned event is a coloring class (like I teach at Michaels) in the Card Castle just for the two of them. I'll have to figure out a way to interest Gameboy too. I just may have to teach him some computer graphics...or knowing him, he'll have me playing the Wii before we convert him. We made lots of progress in this area. I'll show you some of their artwork soon. It's cloudy today, but the next sunny day, I'll take pictures.
- Clean off my desk at the end of each crafting session (or at least once a week). This is going to be the hardest of all for me. I tend to get several ideas at once and pull out lots of stuff, make a few cards and then I run out of time or energy to put it all away. Most of the time my craft time is in undefined short sessions sessions between laundry and dinner and homework etc... I'm also willing to take suggestions and ideas on this. LOL, Clutter is a by product of creativity.
- Give away more. I have finished projects laying around taking up space. I'm going to photograph them and give them away. I've done better and I'm still working on this.
- Use what I have. I want to make a point to use brand new stamps and papers and embellishments I haven't used yet. I've been doing this with my ABC challenges which I;m going to start up again, but this time I think I'll do some sort of schedule.
- Start early and plan ahead. I'm always making gifts at the last minute or not making them at all because the event is over. Yeah... I started earlier in most cases...
- I want to get that Rubber Stamp line going(finally). My daughter and I have some drawings that we've been working on. I really want to do my research and get the business up and going, or get them ready to be marketed by someone else-- this year. This isn't going to happen anytime soon. I keep running into brick walls so I've decided that the timing isn't right and I'm moving on to the next project on my list.