Saturday, November 8, 2008

Anybody Wanna Pray With Me?

Please submit your request email me at thecardcastle@yahoo.com
Check back on last months post for the previous details and requests, I'm only including updates and new requests here. ( you can find the links on the right listed by month.)
If you've been on a previous list, please email with your update. I haven't been able to catch up with everybody to get updates.
Remember to pray and then leave a comment as a way to encourage all those on the list.
Sometimes, it's hard to know exactly how to pray, but I'm encouraged by these words in the Bible;

Romans 8:26-28
In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. 27And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.
28And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him,who have been called according to his purpose.
This whole chapter is worth reviewing, but I wanted to concentrate on these verses because I want to encourage you today that you don't have to know the future to feel secure. God is in control. We don't have to like what is happening to us to know that God will make it all work out for our good. We don't even have to know the right words to pray, He even takes care of that! I try to look for good in every situation, especially when it seems impossible. No matter what you are facing in your life today, God's got this! Be encouraged!
Be encouraged, that nothing that is happening to you today is a surprise to God. Sometimes he prepares you for it ahead of time, and sometimes He just holds out his arms so that we can rest and hide in His safety. We know that on the other side we'll be better for the trials we go through.
***************************************
First of all let's pray for our country and our new President-elect.



  • Let's pray for the man who was elected to be our 44th President,Barack Obama.

  • Safety for him and his family ( Michelle, Sasha, and Malia)

  • Let's pray for his transition to the office of the President of the USA.

  • Godly wisdom as he chooses the people who will work closely with him.

  • Godly insight as he works to tackle the problems we face as a nation.

  • His family as they transition and relocate (I do know a little bit about how tough relocating across the country can be)

  • Vice President elect, Joe Biden and his family

  • Governor Sarah Palin and family

  • Senator McCain and family

  • healing for the hearts of the citizens who maybe didn't see things go their way in this election.
That should get us started on the nation. Feel free to add to this list, but I feel it is very important for us to pray.

***********************************
Pray for RJ Kimberly's son. He is experiencing anxiety and isn't eating. We need to pray for Godly wisdom for his parents and doctors and teachers and they try to figure out the best way to help him. Pray that Kim will be able to get him to the right doctors in a timely fashion. Pray for healing of his mind, body, and spirit. He is 11 yrs old. Continue to Pray for Kimberly too. *************************************


Sarah's daughter, Karen Kornhaus (on the right) has been on our list for months. She is still battling with the migraines but says that some days/weeks are better than others. She's doing pretty good right now, but she is contemplating trying another medicine to see if it will give her better results.



****************************



Pray for me. 1) for my health: I'm on medicine as I mentioned in the last post for migraines. Since Wednesday when I started taking it, I haven't had a migraine, but I've been sleeping a lot! I'm supposed to take it at bedtime because it will make me sleepy, but I slept all morning each of the last three days. Thursday and Friday, I got up (barely) to get the kids out the door and then went back to bed until 11:00 or 12:00. Today I slept until around 10:00. I went to a soccer game at 1:00 and when I got back home I had to take a nap. Hopefully this will get better as my body adjusts to it. The Chemo drugs were already making me tired. I don't have time to be tired. I have cards to make and blog posts to type. :) 2) for my new mission: I'm in training to become a crisis pregnancy counselor and a mentor at a local pregnancy resource center. I need to stay God-focused as I add another thing to my life.

**************************

Marciad: My DD went to the doc last week and he is pleased with her healing. Thank you to all the folks who have prayed for her. Marcia

*****************************
Michelle Adams: "My update for my Mom is this: her last surgery was a failure, so she is scheduled for an even larger surgery which is scheduled for Nov. 20th. She is in excruciating pain, and has been for months. We really need prayer that the surgery will go well and for the guidance of the surgeon's hands. We also need prayer for Mom to get relief from her pain."

I'll be adding to this post over the next few days. Don't forget to check back on October's post and continue to pray for those requests.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My heart breaks when children aren't well. May RJ's son's doctor find a simple cause and solution for the young man. The stress of school and some of the terrible things some kids do and say to other children is shameful. I hope whatever is causing the stress is soon discovered.

I hope you and Karen find the perfect balance of medication and to take away the migraines.And I hope you find some techniques to avoid the triggers. There are so many things that can cause a migraine.

Anonymous said...

I am praying for everyone today, and everyday. Peace and love of Jesus be with us, Amen.
Rebecca

Kimberly said...

thank you for adding us Jacki.
we have not yet found another dr.
(did I mention the first did not work out?) We have a long road but I think He is hearing our prayers-the road may not be as tough as I thought. He is amazing!

Su Davis said...

Amen to all your prayers. I was encouraged by your list as the first prayers I said when I heard about the new President elect were the same as your first 2 - and I will keep praying those (as they are so needed and so easy for me to remember!) Glad to hear your migraines have gone and I pray they will be gone for good and that you will get your sleep pattern sorted, along with more energy.

love Su x

Hazel said...

It's ages since I visited your blog. I've enjoyed looking through your lovely artwork and what you have to say. 'our hope is in the Lord' is so appropriate for my theme last time on Salt.