Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Purple Tulips


The rain never did let up today, but I managed to get a lot done before my migraine hit. After I rested and took a little pain medicine, it let up enough... just enough for me to obsess about getting this card posted. I took these pictures tonight and I'm not happy with the colors. If the sun comes out tomorrow, I may re-shoot this card.
This card is made with this set drawn by Melanie M, from GinaK Designs. One day last week, when they were doing their sneak peaks (which I hate, because I don't have patience when it comes to that stuff, just show me already! lol) I saw the beautiful rose on a couple of blogs and then the tulip... and after I recovered from hyperventilating, I decided that I wouldn't be able to live without this flower set. I needed more flowers. I needed more flowers, yeah right. LOL! I really do like these flowers and just wait until you see the roses I colored. I impressed myself. Just kidding...not. Your expectations of me are a lot higher than mine so I do impress myself sometimes, because I'm not expecting it. Seriously, this is a very well drawn set of flowers which makes it very easy to color. By the way, did you notice that the tulips are purple? I don't know why I always color my tulips as if they only come in one color.Speaking of coloring flowers, I might have a new teaching opportunity in my town--even before the Hobby Lobby is built. I'm going to work out the particulars tomorrow or Friday.


The finished card is 7 x 4.
Stamps: A Year of Flowers (GinaK), Greeting(Stampin Up)
Ink: Warm Violet(ColorBox)
Card stock: Dots and Weave(Bazzill)
Other: color pencils, ribbon.

Thanks for your prayers on my medicine saga. I think I've figured out that it wasn't the medicine that made me itch or break out, because I continued to until Monday of this week and I haven't taken that medicine since last Tuesday. The doctor took me off Medicine number 2 last week because of a possible reaction just to make sure. I'm back on the first medicine-- the normal dose-- still with no noticible side effects. Ok, I'm going back to bed. I'm satisfied that I did this post today (it's 11:55!)like I wanted. I can rest now...
Choosing Joy, Jacki

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for showing off your space! I love looking for new organzing ideas and was happy you put a link to your space over in Heartfelt Greetings comments :) You got me when you said "you have to make your area accessible". . .I had a crafting room all to myself but found I never used it b/c I like to be around my family. I've since moved everything to the living room but it looks "junky" -- I'm sending a link of your picture to my husband. . .maybe we can make some of your ideas work for us. Glad to have "met" you! I scrolled through your blog and you have some beautiful work.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, Jacki!! I don't know why the colors don't look right to you but they sure look beautiful to me:) So sorry about your migraine - they're the pits! Glad you got that medicine worked out, too.

Melanie said...

beautiful Jacki, thanks for the heads up! (I made my first tulips with the set purple, too, mine look so drak inthe pic they look BLACk(haven't posted them yet) :) Love this tall layout with them, so graceful and elegant!

I get migraines too, hugs, girl, I feel your pain...

Elaine said...

How elegant and pretty!

Miss Misi said...

This is so pretty and I love the colors!