Monday, October 6, 2008

I is for

Ice and Ice Cream!

This was my first completed card on World Card Making Day. This card was planned and started before Saturday for 'I' in my alphabet challenges because of the ice in the glass. On Saturday I came up with a new idea, so I scratched the first one completely.


I stamped the lemon aide image twice, colored them, and then cut out the straw and lemon and added them on top of the original image. The ice cube and lemon aide images are both from Hambo Stamps.


This is a belated birthday/ I appreciate your friendship card for a friend. (Not saying who, but it really could be a number of people in case you might think it's you just because I usually eventually send you a birthday card... :) I totally bombed this September on getting cards in the mail. Last September and October I think I mailed 20+ birthday cards and most of them were on time. It was an anomaly for sure.
Both the saying and the ice cream Sundae are from retired Stampin Up sets.


I used Glossy Accents for the fudge sauce and cherry, and on the buttons before adding glitter.
ETA: I'm going to include this card in Allison's challenge to use buttons this week.



And here is one more with that Sundae stamp. This time I included a Hambo saying.



I guess it was Hambo day because I used two more Hambo stamps on this card.


...more glossy accents and glitter...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun *I*ce Cream cards!! Lots of sparkle and dimension - love them! I may have to start looking at your blog *after* I've eaten because your recent cards are making me hungry - yummmm :)

Jacki Marie said...

LOL! I'll try to be more careful.

seamom said...

I love all those fun cards!

Eve said...

Your work is amazing!
Thanks for sharing-
Kindly,
~Eve

Monica Hunter said...

These are very cute cards Jacki! My son is learning the letter "i" in kindergarten this week and we're supposed to think of "i" words ... and of course I suggested "ice" and "ice cream." Now make an "igloo" card and class will be complete. ;)

Jacki Marie said...

But Monica, you don't have an igloo stamp.. do you?? Oh shoot, now I have to go and make sure!

Wendy said...

I love how dimensional these cards are, Jacki! They really do look good enough to consume! Beautiful!

Have a great day!
Wendy

Anonymous said...

Hi Jacki! Love the glittery buttons! Everything's better that sparkles. :)

Elena said...

Wow! They are so much fun! I love your buttons embellishments! Love the colors! And ice cream looks so yummy!

Ann said...

These are all SO fun and cute! LOVE what you did with the buttons!!!