Monday, September 1, 2008

Masking

Welcome to Masking 101: Part Two.



Some important things to remember. Thin paper to mask. For best results don't use card stock.
Foreground first. Background second... seems backwards, right??

I'm going to stamp the image that is in the foreground first. I like this stamp because of the line drawn on the bottom of the candle. When stamped and masked, it looks like the candle is down in the icing.

Anyway, as I did on the 16 candles card, this time I stamped the candles in a grouping.



I stamped without re-inking on Post-it notes and cut it out. This time, I didn't have to worry about cutting out the details around the flames, because I wasn't going to stamp the cupcake over that part.

Clear stamps are a plus when it comes to placement.



Here we are after stamping and before the reveal... (smile... tooo much HGTV)

and the finished piece, candles on the cupcake.


And there you have it. Masking 101. Sorry about the not so clear pictures.

No comments: