Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Macki celebrates 22 years

LOL
! First of all, let me tell you that this summer my witty daughter decided that her parents should be called Macki (for Mike and Jacki of course). "It's your celebrity couple's name" she told us and then added "you know, if you were famous or something."

Kids-- they keep us entertained.

Saturday, September 20th was the 22nd anniversary of our wedding day. In honor of our 22 years, I've got a few pictures to show you.










This picture is for my mom and my sister. I got my hair and nails done on Saturday. I promised my mom and sister I would show her my nails and shoes. I was on the phone with my sister getting advice as I was shoe shopping so I thought I would show her how much she helped me.
This picture was taken after we were engaged in 1984.



He sang to me at the wedding. Actually it was a surprise to me that he was going to sing. I was a little worried because he seemed unusually nervous at the beginning of the wedding. I thought he was having second thoughts or something behind the scenes had gone wrong. It turns out that he was more nervous about the song than he was about getting married. LOL!



The folks in blue were cousins who served as hostesses.

20 comments:

Sharon in NE said...

Happy Anniversary! I LOVED the photos! What a handsome couple you were then and now! And you are still a beautiful bride!
Congratulations Macki!

Dot said...

Congratulations! I love that your daughter gave you a celebrity name! You looked beautiful, both in the wedding photos and in your anniversary photos!

Dot

Amy said...

I chuckled out loud regarding your new "celebrity" name!!!! Out of the mouths of babes....

You looked beautiful on your big night out, I hope it was wonderful!

Hugs,
Amy

Monica Hunter said...

I loved seeing all of the pictures! It looks like marriage has been good to both of you! Belated anniversary wishes Macki! :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your joy. Love the photos. Your wedding gown is fantastic. Many more happy and healthy years together, Macki.

Inkerbelle said...

Happy Anniversary to you both and best wishes for the next 22 years!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful people you are, Macki! Thanks for sharing the beginning with us, too. Hope you have many more wonderful years together, wherever he drags you!

Anonymous said...

Jacki, Beautiful pictures of beautiful people. Hope you had a great time. sandie

Kimberly said...

Oh Jacki how wonderful you guys look then and now!! You go girl w/ your nails all done up and I like the shoes :)
Congrats again on a wonderful union and I hope you have many, many more.
Hugs!

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

What a treat to see all these pictures (past and present).
Can I just say that cream colored outfit you are wearing in absolutely fantastic!!

Unknown said...

Girl, you look "hot"!! I love the outfit! I really enjoyed seeing the other pictures too. Love, Deb

Unknown said...

Happy anniversary to Macki! What a delicious couple. Gorgeous outfit, Macki-half. Shoes, nails, hair--all of it. Wow. And weren't you just adorable in 1984 and 1986. DH and I were right behind you two. We married 10/4/86. Congratulations on lasting and still loving each other.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Macki! You are (and were) so gorgeous!! Thanks for the stroll down memory lane! Jason sang to me, but at our reception (thank goodness). He was really nervous, too. He also thought he would pass out during our wedding ceremony from all of the kneeling. :)
Happy Anniversary!!

Michelle Adams said...

What a beautiful bride you were Jacki! What a gorgeous wedding you had! Congratulations and happy anniversary! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!! Loved the pictures. You both look great - then and now! Best wishes for many, many more wonderful years together!

seamom said...

Congratulations to two beautiful people! May you share many more years together, and enjoy the love of your kids.... and the grandkids that will surely come.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful couple you two are! I hope your anniversary was wonderful!!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed seeing pictures of the two
of you...It's been a long time...I
still love the cd of you singing
together...Praying that you will
continue to "abide" in Christ.(John 15) Blessings,
Falinda for the Farleys

Su Davis said...

Oh Jackie - belated happy anniversary and congratulations! (sorry haven't been blog browsing lately) Thank you for sharing and such wonderful photos of you both - then and now!
Su

Anonymous said...

Jacki - Loved the photos and the commentary! I am thankful that the Lord has sustained your marriage after 22 years and several visits from the Hyde family :) We love you guys!!