This time I was tagged by Bridget. She found me thru the Paper Trey Forum.
Here are seven random things about me that I don't think I've mentioned before... Since I've been locating and catching up with some of my high school friends after all these years, I'll do a couple of post high school facts.
- My mother got me my first real job after I graduated high school. I worked as a secretary's assistant in an office. It was very boring, but I met a lot of nice people.
- I went to college with a desire to get a degree in intermediate education ( grades 4-9 or something like that) After taking the intro to education and spending time in a classroom, I realized that teaching was not for me! A few years I later realized that I love to teach but don't like the structure and discipline to the level that teachers of children have to maintain. Teaching adults has become my passion.
- I finally settled on a practical career and earned an associates degree in accounting and finance.
- I only worked for 2 years after graduation before I became a mom for the first time. I never went back to work full time and I have no regrets. Every time I talked about returning to school or getting a job, I would get pregnant again. I finally realized that my fate was staying home with the youngins'
- I home schooled for one school year and learned that that didn't work for us either. We had a great year, but they needed teachers so that I could concentrate on being the mommy.
- it's inevitable that I'm going to be the shortest in my family. All the girls are taller than me. and after the way they shot up this summer it's only a (short)matter of time before the boys are taller than me too.
- Four of my children celebrate their birthdays within 6 weeks during late July-early September. Yup, we planned it that way....