Saturday, April 5, 2008

Yellow Tulips

I colored this image last night and for some reason, I wasn't in the mood for purple tulips. What was up with that? I guess I was inspired by the card I showed you a few days ago. This Penny Black image was colored with Prismacolor pencils. You inspire me and the stamp used in the background is Hero Arts.


A little surprised by the yellow and not purple tulips, are you? See I'm not as predictable as you think, but you wouldn't know it by the comments left on yesterday's post or today's mail. LOL




Today's mail brought me not one, but two very purple tulip cards.




This first card was a sweet and unnecessary thank you type note from Holly. The envelope was even done with a beautiful calligraphy scripty type writing complete with a crown over my name.


She made a card with purple tulips! I actually have that stamp. As a matter of fact, I spent quite a bit of time today browsing over at Impression Obsession and saw this stamp there. I'm a big fan of Alesa Baker images and this is one of those. So Holly earned a lot of brownie points with me today. purple, tulips and Alesa Baker. Seriously, I really appreciate her taking the time to make and send me this card.




This second delightful piece of mail came from Louise. I've been a recipient of her generosity before. This card, another beautiful purple tulip card, also arrived today. Purple, tulips, lace, I think this is Art Impressions. I like their stuff too. Her note inside mentions something about me being easy to create for??? Actually you are very right Louise. A purple card with tulips on it. A guaranteed winner! I love it and I appreciate her taking the time to send it to me.




So do you think I'm predictable, too?? I might be. You can't tell too much by the picture, but the yellow tulip card above is on a dark purple card base and the flower pot is dark purple and white. (smile)
Counting my blessings....

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love that card Holly sent. Lovely image and nice watercoloring! Ooo la la...

The Rubber Maid said...

They are all beautiful tulip cards and how wonderful I'm sure it was to receive them. Yep, I'm proud of my DD Julie. Pat

Theresa said...

I love your yellow tulips! They are beautiful!

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Jacki, glad you liked it!
(BTW, I nominated you for an award on my blog -- you can participate or not as you like, just wanted you to know I appreciate your blog and its inspiration.)

Juanita B said...

WOW, I L-O-V-E all of them!!! What can I say I love your style and tulips too, smile. I'm amazed because last week I made the Impression Obsession tulips for a friend also in lavender! TFS.