Thursday, March 27, 2008

Spring Fever Challenge Day 4

Today Denise says;

**Day 4 Challenge** Tag...your it! 1) Your card must contain a tag somewhere in the design. Any size...big or small. Any shape....round, square, rectangle. 2) Your card must contain the color red somewhere in the design...any shade of red. 3) Your card must have some sort of bling in the design...anything shiney will count as bling....brads, eyelets, rhinestones, stickles, glitter...all counts as bling. 4) When you post a link in the comments you must tell me these three things 1) favorite color 2) favorite song 3) favorite candy. Don't forget to post your answers in the comments with your link.

Here's my card. It's red.
It is a shipping tag shaped card. The opening to the dog house is also a tag.


The bling in on the dog's collar.

1) My favorite color is...um... let me think.... purple?? (smile)
2) My favorite song... I don't have an all time favorite. I LOVE music so choosing one song would be torturous. I would add that one song in particular that I first heard over 15 years ago was life changing for me. It's called "I Choose Joy (Larnell Harris). I enjoy whatever has an encouraging message that I can sing to to. My favorite right now today would be "Living this kind of Life" ( cause it's on the radio) by the Clark Sisters.
3) My favorite candy is Chunky. This is my special candy. I only get it when I NEED it.

I used the following stamps:
Doggy (Hero Arts)
friends ( Stampin Up)
Best is part of a saying stamp from Hambo Stamps.
Paw prints ( Penny Black) ( stamped in Versamark and embossed with clear embossing powder)

I created a tag card (Real Red SU card stock) and roof (black Prismatic textured card stock)( shown below). The arch was cut using a circle punch. The little tag was created using the tag corner punch from Stampin Up. The best friends name plate was created with the word window punch. I made the bow with two black and white ribbons from my stash and several glue dots.
The doggy's collar received it's sparkle from Hero Arts Gemstones.
I like these babies because the they have a line of adhesive connecting the whole row. This keeps them evenly spaced and you don't have to fiddle with positioning or anything. The line of adhesive can be cut as I did here for the collar. They are very easy to use.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How I create a tag card. I started out with an A2 sized card and determined the angle I want to cut out on the first side. Point the tip at the very edge of the trimmer. Rest the other corner at the bottom.


I used this cut edge as a guide for the second side, again pointing the tip at the edge of the trimmer.

I'll be back with another spring time and tulip card in the morning... Be blessed and be a blessing!

3 comments:

Denise Bryant (imchatty) said...

Very cute and very clever! Thanks for playing. Tomorrow will be easy.

Karen said...

This is so cute and clever. I love it.

Samantha Esqueda said...

This is so very ADORABLE! You did great at that challenge- good luck!