Monday, March 24, 2008

Spring Fever Challenge Day 1


I thought I would try to participate in the challenge Denise is doing this week at All things Stamped. Here is my entry. The flower image is from Darcies, the birds were done with a Cuttlebug (Birds and Swirls) embossing folder.

Today's challenge is to do a card with a bird image on it. She says, "It can be a stamped bird, embossed bird, or a bird in the pattern paper just find a bird, Get {creative} here and use any kind of bird....if it has feathers it's a bird. Your card must also have at least one layer and some ribbon.
I guess I was on a roll, because all the cards I made today, happened to have birds on it.
This is Dirty Bird(Hambo Stamps). The window for best day ever (Hero Arts) was cut out using a word window punch(SU). The "scallops" were done with the Fiskars Cloud paper edgers. I also used Groovy Guava card stock (SU) and printed paper (Chatterbox).
The branch, the bird, and best day ever are all by Hero Arts. I used Prismacolor pencils, white craft paint and liquid embossing( a product like Diamond Glaze).

8 comments:

Denise Bryant (imchatty) said...

Jacki....I LOVE all your bird cards! I NEED that Cuttlebug folder. Thanks for playing.

Allison Rankin said...

These are super! I am waiting for my Birds and Swirls right now...thanks for more inspiration!

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

I love that cuttlebugged background on the first one, Jacki, plus that pot of geraniums. Such a simple, gorgeous card!

Sarosa said...

These are just fabulous, Jacki! Love the colors, the layout, the stamps!

What a gift you have!

Karen said...

These are incredibly beautiful! I have been looking for someone that has all the folders I want in stock but no luck so far!

Anonymous said...

cute cute cute cards!!!!
I love that embossing folder :)

Amy said...

Jacki....I love, love, love the bird on a branch card!!! It looks like your branches are PAINTED!

Simply amazing!

Hugs,
Amy

Anonymous said...

Simply Stunning! That "dirty bird" is adorable. Can't pick a favorite of these. Keep rollin'!