Friday, December 7, 2007

Crop-A-Dile: Product Review

Again I'm latecomer to this tool and this isn't really a thorough review like my other reviews have been. I don't own a Crop-A-Dile(yet), but I'm seriously thinking about getting one. I did get a chance to play with it at Michaels the other night. I was teaching Rosita how to make the Paper Wallets. At the point where we add eyelets, I proceeded to get the tool box containing the out the hammer and setter and anywhere punch. When she asked if we had the Crop-A-Dile, I had to admit that although I knew that there was one in the classroom, I had not used it. She showed me how to use it.

When I think about setting eyelets, I know there is going to be work involved. Hammering, and banging, and dropping eyelets, crawling around on the floor looking for the dropped eyelets, you get the picture... This was sooo easy. One motion punches the hole, places the eyelet, and sets the eyelet. I'm all about conserving time and energy. There are also hole punches in a couple different sizes. Did I mention that there is no work involved?

For years I have had an eyelet/snap setter for clothing that works the same way. The Crop-A-Dile was probably designed after it. I am really in the market for a hole punch right now and with a coupon, this is just a few dollars more. I haven't looked at this before because I don't use eyelets very often, but I wonder if this would make it so easy that I start using all those eyelets I have.
The only drawback is that you are limited in how far into a page or card you can reach.
I'm headed out in the morning with my 40% off coupons for Michaels, Joanns, and Hobby Lobby.
My daughter is sewing her costume right now, so I think I'm going to make a card.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Thanks for the review! I was just hammering, setting, and dropping eyelets last weekend thinking to myself that there has to be an easier way to use eyelets. I guess this answers that question!

His Girl said...

I do have this tool! I rarely use it for eyelets (tho it's great!), but it's the best hole punch I have ever had in my life! I use it to punch through wood, cardboard, stacks of index cards... it's fantastic!