Monday, November 5, 2007

My Bulletin Boards -- Work in Progress

I spent most of my day at the school today, "cleaning up" a bulletin boards in the Teachers' Lounge. "Cleaning up" is what they think I'm doing. They don't know I'm about to create a work of art! LOL But nothing impressive yet. I just wanted you to see what it looks like so far.


This is before I got started...


Some of that tape was so old that it was dry rotted...


...pretty blue background....


This is where I stopped so that the teachers could get in that room to have their lunch.
I got all the necessary stuff back up and saved myself some room for my creativity. While they were lunching, I took a quick trip to Hobby Lobby.



After my successful trip to Hobby Lobby, I came back and added the brick border. That is where I stopped with this first one. The big blue empty space is where I'm going to do a paper pieced scene, appropriate for the Thanksgiving and then the Christmas season, with just a few minor changes. I'll probably do it at home and just take it back later this week and put it up.



Here is the "before"of the second board across the room.


Here is the "after" so far. I need to print up a few things on the computer, or die cut some letters for this one. I'm not going to do anything fancy on this one.




Another view of the second one. I am thinking about changing the top "bricks" on the first board to way I did this one. I like it better.

Tomorrow is a "day off" for the kids so I'm taking the boys to get eye exams and dental check ups. What a mean mom I am! They will get to sleep in a couple of hours later than normal. ( this means I don't have to get up at 6 am either! yippee!!!)

In the meantime I'm working on and experiment. I'm trying to figure out whether or not Prismacolor color pencils are the best on the market. So far, I do have an opinion.... I'll save that for another post on another day. (wink)

2 comments:

Trish D said...

They look soooo much better! I'm sure the teachers appreciate it. Good luck with all those appointments.

Alhambra Club said...

I hope they appreciate you, both boards look 1,000% better, can't wait to see your wonderful creations for the boards.