Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Too Deep

I am meeting with the teacher and the vice principal tomorrow morning at 8:30. It is too deep to get into here in public, but please pray for me? In 16 years, 220+ teachers, 6 school districts, and 17 schools, I have never had to confront a teacher. I have to take care of my child...

I haven't been very creative lately. I have been doing some coloring for my class to relax, but I haven't taken pictures. I'll probably need a distraction after this meeting tomorrow, so maybe I'll get to take pictures then. Have a blessed night.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Jackie, take a deep breath and try to relax. Everything will be alright. You are right, you have to protect your child and be his advocate. You know him better than anyone. Try to go into the meeting calm, peaceful, and non-defensive. You want these people on your side, not against you. I've been in your seat and it always pays off to go in with this mindset as opposed to another. Take what you are worrying about and put it into prayer to God. Hand the worry about tomorrow into his hands. He already sees tomorrow and will give you the strength to handle tomorrow when it comes. Walk in today. God's help and strength is a daily supply. He gives it until tomorrow, not for tomorrow. Hang in there and let us know how it turns out. I'll be thinking of you.

Hugs,
Amy

Jacki Marie said...

Amy,
Thank you for your encouragement. I really needed that perspective. I'm not trying to make an enemy of this teacher. After all a confrontation isn't what I want. She won't answer my questions and suggested we conference with the VP. I'm going with God. I know He will give me what I need and I know He will be glorified. I'm counting on you to be praying for me. Thanks again!!!

Trish D said...

Jacki,

Praying that God will give you the right words to say, and that they'll be well received. Keep us posted!