Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Projects: Altered

What do you get when you cross a clearanced candle holder and Ranger's alcohol inks?

A Cell Phone Holder!

I love going thru Target and looking at all the clearance items on the various end-caps. Just as I mentioned to the Moms and More ladies a couple of weeks ago, I look for inexpensive items that I can alter and then "gift". This time the gift is for me. When I'm in the basement or especially my office --I mean my Castle, I keep my cell phone in this dish, so that I don't have to hunt for it when it rings. My girls and I are on a family plan where we can talk to each other for free so they call me on it instead of the house phone. There isn't anything more frustrating to me than to hear the phone, and not be able to find it in time.

I accomplished this work of art, by dripping the ink into the glass and allowing it to roll around and puddle with the other colors. I love watching the ink blend and react and reactivate what is already there.

On a personal note: I'm trying to get that surgery thing going again. I went to the Dr. today and we've started the tests. --Ultrasound, blood work, etc. I'm also having heart issues so I have to see a Cardiologist too. I sure hope and pray that the Cardiologist can figure out (quickly) and treat what's wrong. That's tomorrow.
Oh, but let me tell you, I knew I was going to like this doctor before I met her. The website, the wall paper, the walls, the chairs, all the assistants scrubs --are the same color.... guess what color??? (smile)

4 comments:

Trish D said...

Ooh, great project! I'm totally with you on finding deals to dress up and pass along...

Praying about the surgery situation; I was just thinking about this the other day. Glad you've found a doctor whose a "kindred spirit" :)

Kimberly said...

beautiful glass and great idea for it. (my dd's fav. color is purple!)

putting you in my prayer list hon!

Sharon in NE said...

I've got you on my prayer list too! (:) big hug

Anonymous said...

Wow, you mean you're actually suppoesd to DO the projects that you buy the supplies to do at Target??! I have things like that, and I have good intentions, but that's as far as I get! LOVE the cell phone holder!
Lots of prayers being said for the Power of Purple Doctor & your health!!!