Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Hibiscus and Prayer



Finished Card Size: 5 x 7
Stamps: Before you Sleep (Stampendous), Hibiscus (Embossing Arts),
Card Stock: White card stock(Georgia Pacific), Chocolate Chip (SU),
Printed paper: not sure
Ink: Basic Brown (SU)
Coloring Medium: Prismacolor Pencils
Other: Ticket Punch

Continuing on the prayer theme. This image took a loooong time to color. I don't think I'm going to send this card to anyone. Instead, I'll use it as inspiration in The Card Castle (the room).
I have a class scheduled tonight so I need to go or call and see if anyone signed up. The thing is, I'm not as ready as I'd like to be for the coloring class. I have to do some more thinking on just how I am going to present the it. Because I'm not formally trained in art, there are a lot of things I've done in my coloring that really have an official name and/or reason. It's like this. I color like I make Macaroni and Cheese. Anybody who has ever had my Mac and Cheese and has asked for the recipe has gotten this response, "I don't have a recipe, but, you can come and watch me make it." In a way I guess I do have a recipe. I always use the same pot when I make the cheese sauce. I fill it 3/4 full of milk and add in cheese until it melts and is thick and creamy. I just haven't taken the time to write down how much milk is 3/4 of my pot and how much melted cheese it takes to make the thick creamy sauce. When it comes to coloring, if I stop and think about it, I do have certain methods and things that I just do without thinking. I've been coloring with Prismacolors since my senior year in high school. I need to get some things written down for the next class later this month. I also need to come up with a booklet that they can hang on to once the class is over with their samples and notes. Gotta get that thinking cap on today.... oh well, I need to get on with my busy day.
Did you know that Saturday is World Card Making Day? What are you going to do to celebrate?? I need to think about this too! I hope you have a blessed day.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jacki, this card is *absolutely* gorgeous!!!! I don't think I would want to send it out either. Such a lovely sentiment, too.

I hope you have a full class today - your students are in for a treat!

Teresa said...

This card is soooo beautiful! Not sure how long a loooong time is, but it was time well spent and certainly worth it!

Alhambra Club said...

Love this card, I had changed my background to pink, thanks for the info about the site for free Mammograms, I have added this link to my site.

katemade designs said...

THIS IS GORGEOUS. IT'S LIKE A FINE PAINTING.

Anonymous said...

The coloring on this is just amazing ... gorgeous creation!

Sharon in NE said...

So beautiful!

Monica Hunter said...

You really did a nice job with this one Jacki - Gorgeous coloring! I wouldn't send it either -- it would be in a frame somewhere (or a museum). :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the coloring on that one and the prayer saying stamp! Stamp me something with that saying! Doesn't have to be a masterpiece, but I really like the saying. :)
Good luck with your classes. The directions/handouts are sometimes the longest part of the planning!

Deborah said...

Beautiful card. Gorgeous.