Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Before you sleep...

No frills but effective.... I think.


Finished Card Size: 5.5 x 4.25
Stamps: Before you Sleep (Stampendous), Solid Flowers (Stamp Oasis), pray for each other(Biblical Impressions)
Card Stock: White card stock(Georgia Pacific), Chocolate Chip (SU),
Printed paper: not sure
Ink: Basic Brown (SU)
Other: Ticket Punch

Staci, do you remember this stamp?? Staci bought this flower for me on sale somewhere, I think. I know it was several years ago. I hadn't really used it before today. I don't do much with solid stamps, but I'm trying to branch out.

I've had a lot on my mind these past couple of days. I don't know why the rememberance of the those who died because of the terrorist attacks seemed more significant this year. I guess it is because I'm already going thru an emotional time, just like I was six years ago. Then, I was just about to turn 39. That was a tough birthday for me. And, although I did not know anyone personally who lost loved ones, I agonized just like the rest of the country over fellow Americans who were hurting. Honestly, I was changed by the event. It was a turning point for the way I parent. I began to deliberately enjoy my kids more. I think it changed things in my marriage too.

I'm sleepy and it's dark. Otherwise I would take a picture of a card I wanted to show you. It will remind you of scenes all across America in the days and weeks after 9*11*2001.
In the meantime, say a prayer for those Americans who lost a loved one and who hurt a little more than the most of us at this time of year.
See you in the morning...
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Forgot to mention, my son had a sinus infection and an ear infection. A couple of doses of antibiotic each day and a little R&V ( rest and video games) and he's as good as new.

2 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

This card is so ELEGANT, love it. Glad to hear that your son is doing better, video games is like chicken soup for kids.

Anonymous said...

Sorry one of the boys was sick. No, I totally don't remember that stamp at all!! Funny!
Did you get my package yet?
Happy Birthday! Hopefully it will come today! I never got a box from you, so hopefully you didn't send it yet.