Friday, August 3, 2007

Canned Coneflowers


Stamps: Canned Coneflowers(Cornish Heritage)
Printed Paper: Pallet O Prints (SU)
Cardstock: More Mustard (SU), White card(Georgia Pacific)
Ink:Brilliance Graphite Black( Tsukenko)
Coloring Medium:Prismacolor watercolor Pencils
Other:Corner Punches Ticket and Notched Corner(SU)


Thanks for your encouragement and prayers. Hopefully, my husband will be able to leave work early enough today to take care of getting the car tags ( Trish, Believe me, I asked. The response was that if you don't have a car, you don't have to provide a receipt, but if you do own a car....) I don't think it is this way for the whole state, but it is in this county. Monday is open house for the schools in the county. I am hoping that if husband can leave work and we get everything else done today, I can sit over at the county school board's office on Monday and at least get them registered in time for open house. School starts Wednesday morning. The other complication about this county new student registration is at a central location, and not handled by the individual schools. So I have to go and wait with people registering kids for all the 20 or so schools in the county. I'll take something with me to color or read. Husband thinks they are so strict because of all the new people that arrived after the Katrina disaster. BUT, we are in the home stretch now.

I did call the phone company and ordered phone service and DSL. If all that goes as planned, we will have DSL sometime early next week, and a phone today. I'm not getting my hopes up just yet.

In other news(good news):

  • I went to Michaels to get a job. I had a nice conversation with the Events Coordinator. I have to go back and meet the Manager and do the employee testing and then we can get started.
  • We also have a nice church in this community to go to. We plan to go to Sunday School this week and hopefully start meeting the church people.

Prayer Request: During this transistion time for us, my SIL was diagoned with breast cancer. She will have surgery next week. Please pray for her??

Thanks for checking on me. This will be back to normal soon. I hope!

7 comments:

Trish D said...

Praying that it all goes smoothly today - and I'll definitely be praying for your sister as well.

And on a side note, I *LOVE* this card! Great colors.

Anonymous said...

You are in my prayers. What a drill to put you through to go to school. Will add your SIL to my prayers. Just remember that there are lots of different treatment options out there and more on the way.

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Good to hear from you -- even if things are still awry. Will definitely be praying for patience for you and whole family as these details get worked out -- and your SIL, too.

Hana said...

Hi, I stumbled upon your blog just now as I was searching for ribbon. Wow, you have made awesome handmade cards! I hand make cards too, but not nearly as magnificant as yours!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful card! You'll soon be back on a regular basis.

jean said...

Yes, of course I pray for your sister. I hope everything goes smoothly for you too.
jean

Sharon in NE said...

Jacki, so glad you're in the home stretch. I know there's still a lot to be done though. I will also be praying for your SIL. (:) big hug.