Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Sorting and Sending...

I spent the day yesterday, sorting thru a large box of cards. Some of them were handmade and some were store bought, but all sent to me or made by me. This was one of my post operation projects I'd saved for the time when I was to be sitting and healing. My surgery was cancelled. Evidently, God has another plan for me right now. But since I was planning to have the week off this week, I decided to sit and watch a movie and sort thru the box anyway.
I managed to fill up a box with handmade cards to be donated for the troops. I also found a few that I can add to my usable stack. And then there are all the birthday cards that I made and gave to someone in my family. Somehow, they end up back in my stash to save for them.
I chose three of my favorites to show you today. You can see the others I saved by clicking here.

The image (kid and duck) in this first card was Designs Ink'd when I purchased it. It is now owned by Stamping Sensations. I colored this with Prismacolor pencils.
This card was done with one of my favorite Biblical Impressions stamps. It was also colored with Prismacolor pencils.

This flower is by Denami and the verticle Happy Birthday is Penny Black. The flower itself is colored with watercolor pencils and shaded with regular prismacolor pencils. The background was done with Pearl Ex powder mixed gum arabic to create a watercolor paint.

ETA: the first card( kid and duck) is an A2 card, the others are 5 x 7.

2 comments:

Trish D said...

I love the "Gone Stamping" card - very cute! Your coloring is always so lovely

Anonymous said...

These are great cards, but I really like the kid and the duck. Cute image, and I love the colors. Thanks for sharing.