Saturday, March 3, 2007

Rejected! One of many...

I made this card in 2003 and sent it into TheRubberStamper. If my memory serves me correctly, they were doing an article on color pencils. As you probably guessed from the title of this post, it was rejected. I'm not telling you about it because I want a pity party, but as a way of encouraging some of my buddies from the Eureka board.
We are sending in some cards to a publication as a group. For some of them, this will be their first submission.
I don't want them to feel bad if their card isn't chosen. We all know there is no guarantee, but I just thought I'd share one of my absolute best-most-favorite cards I've ever done, that were rejected! Actually it was simply returned to me, but for just a moment, I felt rejected.
Although it is fun and sometimes rewarding to see your card in the magazine, I don't want anybody to feel bad if they don't choose our cards. Today and for the next few days, I am going to show you some of my very favorite cards that have been returned to me.

First let me tell you about this card. The Peony is Stampendous. The Bow is /was Del Rose which was part of Biblical Impressions, now owned by Eureka Stamps. Hopefully this will be one of the images they revive from the Del Rose line. I colored the images using Prismacolor Pencils and a colorless blender pencil. I haven't tried using the mineral spirits to blend, just haven't had time. I am satisfied with the results I get with the Prismacolor colorless blender pencil and you can't beat its portablilty. I do a lot of coloring when I waiting-- car pool lines, doctor appts, etc...
I remember that coloring this image was therapy for me on a rare quiet day away from all the daily stuff.

I think the two green papers are by... let me go find it. Yes, it is Keeping Memories Alive. I don't know if they would have it anymore unless, it is in their clearance items. I cut the windows, mat, and frame with the Oval Coluzzle.

When I pulled out this card a week ago, I could have kicked myself. TheRubberStamper just ended a submission call for window cards in mid February. I could have sent this in again.
So ladies, lets get our cards sent in, and hope for the best!

No comments: