Friday, March 30, 2007

I ink: Therefore. I am.

This should have been posted yesterday, but I was feeling yucky. That's a real grown-up way to describe it. I spent most of the day in bed watching Gilmore Girls. My girls have been hooked on that show for years. Whenever I watched I had too many questions about who was who and why are they acting like that, etc... So, I rented the entire first season from Blockbuster Online. I love it. So far we've watched the first 8 episodes. I can't wait for the rest of them to come.

The card. I always liked this Hambo stamp. I ink: Therefore. I am. It always makes me smile. It's found in the signature section, but I like to incorporate it on the front of the card. When I was on The Rubber Stamper's Design Team, I submitted a card using this stamp as the focus. I haven't seen it in print yet, but they haven't printed any of the other stuff sent around that time, so maybe it will be published soon.
The other stamps are from the Stampin Up Spring Mini called Polka Dots and Paisely. This background came to me in the grocery store the other day. I was passing thru the housewares section on my way to the grocery section after leaving the scrapbooking/stamping section. There were plastic cups that had the etched glass look. I found a similar aqua in my cardstock and stamped it with Memories White dye ink. The stripe and pink print came from the SU Designer Series paper Petals and Paisley. Once again, I used my favorite corner punch. I sparked the flowers in the main image with Glossy Accents and Crystal Glitter.

1 comment:

Monica Hunter said...

You're right, it looks great on the front of a card! Very pretty Jacki!

Sorry you're not feeling well, but sometimes it's fun to just relax and catch up on tv/movies you've missed. Still.. I hope you're feeling better soon!

Have a great weekend!