Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Thirty Days of Thankfulness: Day 2 ~ Attitude

This print will be hanging in my new studio in December!* 
Today's post is going to be short and sweet. I'm thankful today that God taught me this lesson a long time ago.  It's all about the attitude...

"Joy is not in things, it's in us" Richard Wagner
Choosing joy is my motto. When I realized that although I can't always change my circumstances but that  I had a choice in how I chose to handle those situations, my life was totally changed. That's all I have to say today. I need to keep this short if I'm going to commit to doing a blog post each day. I'm going to leave you with some words that have inspired me... 
  • Marianne Williamson is quoted as saying, "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are". and " We can always choose to perceive things differently. You can focus on what is wrong in your life, or you can focus on what is right". 

  • And to sum it all up, Charles Swindoll said this." The longer I live the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude to me is more important than facts. It is more than the past, the educations, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90%how I react to it". 



*Jaishi's work always makes me smile. If you want to see more click here to go to her website. There is a link there for her Etsy shop. She's also on Facebook.


"Joy is not in things, it's in us" Richard Wagner
Orchid (GinaK), message (Stampin Up) Background (The Angel Company) 

2 comments:

jaishi said...

Thank you for including Joy in the Thirty Days of Thankfulness. I feel really honored!

I love the card you have shown too!

What wonderful words you have shared. You are absolutely right, your attitude towards life greatly impacts your enjoyment (or lack of enjoyment) of it.

We are always going to be tested by either people or life situations; the important thing is to keep focus on what is important to you and having the right attitude.

seamom said...

How long do you think I have been following your blog? I have no idea. I just know it has been a long while. Your art work is always fabulous, and I have gleaned much inspiration from your posted work.
In the very beginning "choosing joy" spoke loud and clear to my spirit. And it has stayed with me. Remembering that the choice is mine has made a world of difference in my life. Thank you!