Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Pumpkins everywhere!


I don't know if you've seen the video for Hero Arts a couple of weeks ago. Or if you saw the Card of the Week posted on Monday. If you did, these are going to look familiar.
I colored these babies in the car on the way to and from Charlotte a couple of weekends ago. As I prepared for the trip, I separated the shades of orange that I use to color the pumpkins into another container so it would be more convenient to access them in the car. And in a typical 'Jacki' move, I left that container at home. My very patient husband stopped at a Hobby Lobby
so that I could at least get a pumpkin orange. They didn't have it, and in a sad but desperate move, I had to use some of the brighter oranges that I did have to color these. LOL. OK it really wasn't a tragedy.
* Edited to add. I don't know that a day goes by that I'm not loving my iPhone, but this day I was particularly excited about it. Every time we were near a town, I'd type in Hobby Lobby and/or Michaels into the Maps feature and it would tell me how far we were from it. When I found one that was only a mile or so off the highway, we went looking for it. It was exciting! Oh, I already said exciting. So... ecstatic. I was ecstatic.


I did a whole lot of masking to create this pumpkin patch. It was one of the rejects for COW. I usually create cards as I'm designing cards. Most of the time I make at least two or three cards and then I choose one to submit to them.

Paper/card stock: Fall Mixed notecards(Hero Arts), cream card stock,
Ink: Black(StazOn), Brown, ArtPrint Brown (Memories)
Yellow Grosgrain RibbonLink

I'm hanging out at the hotel still and everyone else is doing good, safe and sound. Please join me in praying for the families who lost love ones in the floods here in Atlanta.

2 comments:

marciad said...

Happy to hear you are doing well. I talked to a friend in Marietta and she told me it is awful where you are located. In my prayers.

seamom said...

Now this card I really like!