Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day



Good Morning and Happy Valentine's Day to you!

Just popping in to show you one of the cards I actually finished this week. I've been coloring up a storm so I have lots of images to make cards with, but this one had to get done by today... and of course I finished it just before midnight last night. LOL...
My husband and I have celebrated 26 Valentine's days and it's never been a dull moment. :) It gets better each year.

The stamps are GinaK's and the paper is Basic Grey Boxer.

To make this accordion type card, I started with a long piece of cardstock. It is 24 inches long by 5 1/2 inches. I purchased at Marco Paper at a convention. I only used around 14-15 inches for this one. I did another one using exactly 12 inches so that if you wanted to try it, you would use paper in a size that is readily available. I'm still working on the card but here are the measurements for that one--
The largest panel is 4 1/4 (to fit a standard invitation envelope). The next two panels are 3 inches each and the last one is 1 3/4.



My heart is heavy. Some friends lost their 19 year old in a car accident yesterday. I cannot imagine... Hug your kids-- especially those teenagers.

The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18.

5 comments:

Take care and STAY POSITIVE! Trena said...

Jacki,
I like your card. I will say a prayer for your friends that lost their child... their hearts must be broken. I do hug my children often and tell them I love them.

Take care Jacki and stay positive...

seamom said...

Great card, Jackie. Thanks for the tip on buying extra long cardstock. How tragic for your friends. The verse from Psalms has great comfort.
Blessings. Mary

Monica-FC said...

I love the card you did, so different a fold. way cool. and I am so sorry to hear about the 19 yr old but I know he is with heavenly father learning and loveing everybody.

Monica-FC said...

been wondering about your migraines. mine have been going strong lately with big ones and stabbing ones that do not quit.since my migraines are 24/7 and the pain is always there I was wondering about yours. I hope you are pain free and not like mine.

Andrea said...

Your card is beautiful and I am sorry to hear about your friends!

I nominated you for a Lovely Blog award...see my post here for the details. Have a great day!

http://craftyengineering.blogspot.com/2009/02/upcoming-class-and-awards.html