Tuesday, January 27, 2009

You are Special to me

It's web artist week again on the Hero Club Blog. One of the cards shown today was made by me. I'll have a card there tomorrow too, so if you get a chance go on over and take a look. Today's theme is Thank You and I'm sure you'll be amazed at all the wonderful cards using the same set.



Today's card is also a card made with Hero Arts stamps. Actually, the flower is from the same set I used yesterday. I told you I loved this set. I really like the message set too. I still can't believe that it's only been a year since I dared to try clear stamps for the first time! Do you remember my Cupcake Confession post from last January? I used one of the long cards again. I think this size is perfect for writing a letter. Remember back in the olden days when we used to write letters? I need to figure out who to write to that I'd have that much to say.

Stamps:Artistic Borders and All Occasions Messages (Hero Arts)
Ink: Distress Ink Peeled Paint and Scattered Straw (Ranger)
Card Stock: Long White Note Cards (Hero Arts)
Coloring Medium: Prismacolor Pencils
Other: Flower Buttons (Hero Arts), Embroidery Floss
Same as yesterday's card, I added Prisma glitter in spots and the buttons are held on the card with the floss.

Before I go, I've got one personal update. You are looking at a Spelling Bee classroom winner again( he won last year too, remember?)! Actually he was one of the two from his classroom. This picture was taken after he participated in the school wide spelling bee a couple of weeks ago.

5 comments:

Stacy's Paper Crafts said...

Hey Jacki! How are you feeling?
That is one gorgeous card!!! Love the glimmer on the petals. Congrats to your spelling bee winner! He's a cutie!

Dot said...

I love the cards you made! And congratulations to the Spelling Bee Winner!! Way to go!

Kimberly said...

I hope that migraine has left and you are feeling better. I love this image and I love that you used glitter-it really adds to the beauty.

WTG super speller!! that is wonderful and congrats to your cutie :)

I continue to keep you in my prayers my friend! God Bless and I like hearing your journey to finding an new church home.

Take care and STAY POSITIVE! Trena said...

Jacki,
Congratulations to the Spelling B Champ!! I love to hear about successes of little people - building their confidence and character (challenging moments do that too ;o)).

I really dig the pedals on your flower - your coloring and bling give them life. Lovely card!!

Elaine said...

Hi Jacki,
These cards are super! I love the cheery color - yellow - you made it look so nice on the flowers! Congrats to the spelling bee champ too! :)