Here is my pizza dough recipe. I'm sorry this is as specific as I get. I'm a creative cook. I like to make things up as I go. If you try this, let me know how it turns out.
This makes 2 cookie sheet sized pizza crusts.
2 pkg yeast*
(* two of the three sections of this Rapid Rise yeast strip)
3+ Cups of all purpose flour/ divided ( try wheat flour as an alternative)
1/2 cup sugar
- Start with 2 cups of flour, yeast, and sugar in a bowl.
- Add very hot tap water until it the consistency of a very thick soup. You should be able to stir it but it's difficult to stir.
- Add more flour until it's kneadable but not crumbly.
- Knead it and place the ball of dough in a glass or ceramic bowl, cover with a towel or plastic wrap and put it in a warm non- drafty area.
- In approx 1 hour it will double in size.
- Roll out onto a greased and floured pan/ or a pan dusted with corn meal.
- Top with spaghetti or pizza sauce and topping of your choice.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes in a 375 degree oven.
- Get ready for all the hugs and kisses because everybody will love you and your pizza.
If you have little kids, give them their own small ball of dough after it rises. Let them top it as they please.
Here's a cool video and Fleishmann's Master Pizza Dough recipe.