Thursday, November 13, 2008

Hero Arts Cards of the Week! and more...



I had two more cards published on the Hero Arts site this week. Click on the picture to be taken to that card or click here for the card making section. I know I promised to let you know when I first started making cards for them. Do you still want me to let you know about this?
On a Personal Note:
I wish I could say that I'm feeling better. I'm not, but I'm managing. I'm actually resting! Who knew I could so something like that! This week it's just the essentials! Which means I'm not doing much of anything. I really do appreciate all the sweet comments. It brings tears to my eyes... I'm going to add a portion of Amy's comment to my favorite quotes. She says so eloquently what I say to encourage people all the time.
"But remember, if He doesn't deliver you FROM it, He will deliver you THROUGH it!" (Thanks Amy!)
Some of the toughest times in my life are also in my memory some of the sweetest times. Not only am I made aware of the LOVE that surrounds me through my family and friends, but I always have a sweet time with the LORD.
One example of that was 14 years ago, back before I was diagnosed with Discoid Lupus. This was the only time I had a really bad flare up. I was really sick. I suffered with fevers for 3+ weeks and I was lethargic. They were testing me for everything including cancers and leukemia. I just assumed I was dying. I remember the peace that came over me when I was told how the church got together and was prayed for me. This sweet image came to my mind. I imagined myself in the arms of Jesus just resting like a baby. I didn't have to worry about what to pray, or how to pray, I just rested knowing HE was holding me.
That image always brings me comfort is trying times. I'm not that sick now, not even close, but I do appreciate all the prayers and well wishes. ALL of the comments are beautiful. Thanks, sweet friends!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Hugs!

Elaine said...

Yes, I want to know when your cards are there. They're soooo nice! I like that you link them up too! I'm going to peeky-poo at them now!

Melanie said...

Congrats in your pubs!!

wonderful story about your vision. I'm so sorry to read you have lupus, but it doesn't sound like it keeps a woman like you down!!