Monday, July 7, 2008

Chocolate Birthday

Stamps: (Rubber Romance), The Best Things in life(SU)
Paper brown print (Making Memories)
Other: color Pencils, Cuttlebug embossing folder, curcle punches
Finished size: 5 1/2 x 4 1/4"

I never get tired of making a chocolate themed card. It's a little safer than eating chocolate all the time.
When I made this simple card it was going into my stash. I really don't have that many Birthday cards in my stash, because I usually make them with someone in mind.

I do have a special birthday today and I wished I hadn't been so busy that I forgot to make and mail a card in time. I may spend a few minutes today making a special card for my friend Beth who is 21 today! Beth is the maker of that Princess Jacki cartoon that used to be on my banner. She also designed the current banner on the Card Castle.

On a personal note: After the long weekend we had, I'm going to take a day off today. Wait let me check my calender first.... OK, I'm going to take the day off today. After I get dressed, I think I'm going to read or make a card (always an option). It's official! I'm EXHAUSTED!!!
I left here on Thursday and drove all day to North Carolina. On Friday I helped with reunion preparations which included shopping and cooking. We didn't so much in the way of celebrating the 4th of July, because we were preparing for the 5th of July. SATURDAY was the day of the reunion. Sunday, my sisters left the hotel before 6 am. I gave them permission the night before to wake me so that I could say goodbye, but then I couldn't get back to sleep. After we got up and loaded the car, the kids and I went out to breakfast with my mom and stepfather. I returned home from late last night after being on the road since just before noon. I returned home with a sense of satisfaction that I helped( a little) make this family reunion was the best yet! As with any family gathering it was not without some kind of controversy, but the for the ones who participated, it was the best we've had. I love it when a group of people can work together, utilizing the strengths of those participants-- especially when they are related. We've started a family blog and I'll be posting family reunion pictures as soon as I go and unload the car.... or tomorrow. My grandma was a delight as usual. She's 96 now. We left the talent portion up to the kids this year... Thank goodness. I was sooo tired of the Sister Sludge routine that my sisters and I do. LOL If you remember "We are Family" by Sister Sledge and add a sister, double their ages and sizes, and you have Sister Sludge. I'll have to show you a picture of it. I would not dare torture you... I mean me ... with the video of the performance.
I stopped on the way home to see a family in Florence SC. It's been 4 years since our families have seen them. I did stop and see them 2 years ago, but she hasn't seen my kids. Time really flies! Again... the camera is still in the car...
So, I think I'll start my day with a nap, and then I'll make a card for Beth.

I hope you are making and sending cards to your friends this week. I'm offering a little candy if you do so and respond to this post.

Have a blessed day! And to Bethie... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

OK, it's official. I need to see that video! Pul-eeze??? Sister Sludge sounds too great to miss. I thought about you at your reunion and I'm glad it was a "keeper." Be a slug (not Sludge) today and wallow in it!
xox

Allison Rankin said...

Yum...great image and super layout for this one Jacki! Thanks for coming on by and wishing me a happy birthday!

Dawn Bibbs said...

I'm sorry you're so tired. But I am happy that you and your family got to and from the reunion safely.

Now go get some rest...cuz I've got dibs on you for this Friday! :-)

Sharon in NE said...

Great job with this card! I love the layout. But honestly, what baker would be that beautiful? Would you trust her baking?

(hint: the answer is no. I keep telling my husband, I can't bake wonderful desserts and still be beautiful.)
:D

Anonymous said...

Cute card!! I love the image and your coloring of it!! TFS

Anonymous said...

Howdy, friend! LOVE, love, love the chocolate card! I was just dancing to "We are Family" at the Y with my 2 year olds yesterday - seriously! I really want to see the "Sister Sludge" video!! That would be great fun. :)
Love the purple card and the one from the first post, too. Really cool layout on the purple one. I'm making cards up the wazoo here - for Convention swaps. Not much time left, so I need to get back at it! Talk to you soon, I hope!