Wednesday, June 11, 2008

More DesignBlock Butterfly

Here are all but one of the cards I finished with the DesignBlock Butterfly. The one I'm not showing today, has a background that is easy to show, but hard to explain so I'm going to do a video of the technique in the near future.
Finished Card size: 4.25" x 5.5"
Stamps: DesignBlock Butterfly (Hero Arts),
Ink: Whisper White Craft (SU), Card Stock: Violet Note Card(Hero Arts)
Other: Lavender Gemstones, Glue Pen, Prisma Glitter, Art Flowers ( Hero Arts), Summer Tags, Ribbon

Finished Card size: 4.25" x 5.5"
Stamps: DesignBlock Butterfly (Hero Arts),
Ink: Misty Meadow Queue (Hero Arts),
Card Stock: Pool and Violet Note Cards (Hero Arts)
Other: Gemstones, clear embossing powder, Art Flowers ( Hero Arts)
Finished Card size: 4.25" x 5.5"
Stamps: DesignBlock Butterfly, Creative Trees, Special Messages (Hero Arts)
I made this card when I was trying to come up with a quick set of note cards for teacher gifts. I abandoned that idea and went with another that required coloring because it was more "me".
When I'm designing sets of cards, I usually go with a set of images and a set of messages. That way, someone else has already done the coordinating for me.

On a personal note:
I don't think you can tell thru the computer, but I'm not feeling much like myself lately. I've been dealing with horrible headaches and eczema. I think the headaches are sinus headaches,and the eczema is probably a reaction to some food, but everything is allergy related. I don't know if you knew me when I lived in GA before, but I am very allergic to a lot things here. It wasn't so bad in MI. I think the biggest culprit is pine trees. The pine trees are different in MI. Anyway, I have an appointment (finally) with the dermatologist, I'll get a recommendation for an allergist when I see her. Maybe, once and for all, they can figure out what I'm allergic to and we can get it treated or at least I'll know what to avoid. When I lived here before I was on 3 or 4 daily medicines. I would really like to avoid repeating that.
Jillana finally had a job interview. She applied at several (like 8) different places and only got one call back. Hopefully this is the one for her. But, she hasn't given up. There is one more place we are going to try. My oldest daughter, Jannelle, applied at 5 places and has 3 jobs almost right away. Let me translate all that for you in my real life terms--- call me "Taxi Mamma" :) Speaking of, I only have a little while before I'm out the door again for another run.
Have a blessed day, and if you are so inclined to pray for us, please pray for my health and Jillana's job situation.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the cards. Pray that the doc can help you soon.

Kimberly said...

Hi Jacki!! Been so busy but wanted to tell you that the stamps made it to my house and I cant wait to use them and post a card, thank you again!!
I will be praying for your health and the job situation. My little princess has always had skin issues and is recently going through bouts of hives. I have not found out what caused it but the allergies here in TX arent much better and I know how she suffers so I will be keeping you in my prayers. Oh, and these cards are just beautiful!!! You are an amazing inspiration...Blessings

Unknown said...

The cards are beautiful! I especially love the purple and turqouise one:) You are always in my prayers! I don't think the heat down there is helping anything either.

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Jacki, I will keep you and the girls (job situation) in my prayers!

seamom said...

Dear talented, inspiring, Princess Jacki. I hate it that you are hurting and will pray for relief from whatever it is that's causing these symptoms. And for Jillana to find the perfect job He has for her.